Riding a Maxi Scooter to MHS

Dec 20, 2007
burnjr wrote: 2 wheele..
just for ur info thai machanic /people is very nice with forigner..
if they cant do..they say no..and they will borrow u the tools u needed... :D
it my experience in thai... :D
Thanks.

reached Hatyai around 5.30pm (12 hrs :cry: ) was traveling at an average speed of 120 kmp.

Lets see how far can we travel tomorrow :p

Dec 20, 2007
05/01/2008, was not a good day to start... as we were unable to get insurance on 04/01/2008, due to reaching Hatyai late. We were only able to get the insurance at 08.30hrs (thai time) and guess what..... the insurance shop only open from Mon to Fri! That was what a shop owner oppersite the insurance shop told us... we asked her was there anymore around the area and she said ALL don't open on Sat. We were left with two options.... go without insurance or go back to the border to get the insurance (knowing that we should be able to get it).... as an insurance adviser myself, I know that it is a must to get the insurance so we were read to ride back to the border for it. Suddently, the shop owner who said no to us, told us that her customer was willing to bring us around to find one that open on Sat we followed her bike and went to search for it.... the 1st. we went to was also closed and we went to another, it was also closed. she wanted to give up suddenly, she remembered one near by and we went to try.... this time the shop was OPEN! we thank her and processed with the insurance.

After the insurance was done, we were not sure where we were and we took the wrong road it took us some time to get back on track and we were only able to reach Prachuep Khiri at 19.30hrs.

As we were way back our schedule, we decided to more of at 0430 hrs the next day and managed to reach Lampang at around 1900hrs. best day so far

the weather was on out side all these days!

tomorrow we will go to Golden Triangle

Oct 17, 2006
I think Big+Tall did the Iron Butt 1000miles /24hours.
I doubt that anyone has tried this on a scooter. You may have the chance to do a real first.

I hate to think what you would do with a Malossi Variator plus Dr Pulley or JCosta weights.

I was about to say something before you took off, such as turning you Silverwing from a sofa into a fun bike. I am glad that I withheld such utterly patronizing remarks.

Cheers to you

Pico

Dec 20, 2007
7/01/2008 - Golden Triangle was not only the 3 nations meet..... it was also a place I met 2 other groups of Singapore bikers.... one came back from Laos and the other came from Chiang Rai on 08/01/2008, we had lunch with them.

09/01/2008 - we were too tired and rented small scooters and ride around Chiang Mai.

10/01/2008 - we headed to MHS. The roads were not as tough as I thought. If you able to ride in Fraser's Hill (malaysia), you are able to complete MHS loop.... just alot more turns that's all Met a boyfriend (I think) of a resort owner's daughter and realised that I was not the only Silverwing who went there.... her boyfriend (from Bangkok) took his 2004 Silverwing w/ABS there before.... same as me.... not a problem.

11/01/2008 Stay a night in MHS and went to Karen Village (unable to ride in due to the road condition - 2km of up and down) so we took a pick-up taxi that bring tourist in. We also went to Chinese village. Thought we could camp in Doi Inthernoi that night but we were very late so we went to Mei Serin waterfall to camp... almost reached there at around 9pm (yes ride in the moutian in the night) and felt that the weather was too cold so we u-turn back to khun Yuam for the night.

12/08/2008 - went to Doi Inthanon for some photos and headed to Chiang Mai that day. Before I could reach Chiang Mai, I was hit by a cub with 3 youngster ( one of them was a girl) just outside ranger's office. They had some bruies and my silverwing's exhaust cover and that piace of metal was damage. The ranger called the police and we follow the police to the station. The police also called the parent of the youngersters' to meet there. After some compensation from the parent, we settled the cased and moved to Chiang Mai.

13/01/2008 - took a tour from our hotel and

14/01/2008 - Reached Kanchanaburi and around 5pm and saw a biker we met in Golden Triangle and was told that the reaised that the rest of the bikers were also there. We had dinner and met some thai bikers (riding RS1200) who buy us cheng turn. so nice of them.

Tomorrow will go floating market

BTW, the weather is still in our side

Dec 20, 2007
PICO-PICO wrote: I think Big+Tall did the Iron Butt 1000miles /24hours.
I doubt that anyone has tried this on a scooter. You may have the chance to do a real first.

I hate to think what you would do with a Malossi Variator plus Dr Pulley or JCosta weights.

I was about to say something before you took off, such as turning you Silverwing from a sofa into a fun bike. I am glad that I withheld such utterly patronizing remarks.

Cheers to you

Pico
don't wish to try that as my friend was killed because of this. :cry:

so Malossi Variator plus Dr Pulley or JCosta weights?

Oct 17, 2006
Yes, I have a Malossi variotor plus Dr Pulleys weights, as I said, Silvy was a sofa and became a racing horse.
I agree, it does provoke agressive driving, but you should always control your horse-s.

I am now ordering from Italy the J Costa variator. It´s said to a better performer in the lower speed range.

Actually it was mikerust on this board who did extensive research and recommened this solution for me.
Pico

Dec 20, 2007
15/01/2008 - after the floating market, we headed to Krabi... however, just 300km at around 6pm plus before Krabi, Silverwing's had electronic problem.... the battery went flat!.... The good thing is that I did bring along a new spare battery (S4 spare battery) by using multimeter we found out that the battery is not charging... we tried to get to the next town (Surat Thani) before sunset as Silverwing head light has turned off. Reached Surat Thani at around 8pm. Using the multimeter again, we suspected that the magneto was not generating power.

16/01/2008 - using Fatboy to charge the a spare battery, we managed to reach Krabi without changing the battery. Upon reaching krabi, we visited a Singaporean mechanic who own a shop there to troubleshoot the problem. True enough, the magneto was faulty. Called a friend in Singapore to order the magneto and send it to Hatyai. The magneto can only reach us after 10am on 18/01/2008. We were wondering whether to go to Hatyai and collect the magneto and then return to Krabi to get it fix or just ride to hatyai and get it fix. We decided to ride to Hatyai as it was only 370km away.

18/01/2008 - it took us around 7hrs to reach Hatyai including 4 times of battery changing, lunch and shelter from rain. Went to a shop which service big bikes and was charged $1000 baht for the labour (I know it was expensive as I did change in Singapore for only S$30). Glad that the mechanic did a good job and we were able to continue our journey back to Singapore on 19/01/2008.

19/01/2008 - reached Singapore at around 10pm plus and went home straight.

Total Petrol: 417.7 ltrs
Total Petrol Cost: S$517.40
Total Distance: 7019.4

Dec 20, 2007
PICO-PICO wrote: Yes, I have a Malossi variotor plus Dr Pulleys weights, as I said, Silvy was a sofa and became a racing horse.
I agree, it does provoke agressive driving, but you should always control your horse-s.

I am now ordering from Italy the J Costa variator. It´s said to a better performer in the lower speed range.

Actually it was mikerust on this board who did extensive research and recommened this solution for me.
Pico
thanks

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
two wheeler,
nice to hear u safe arrived home with new experience that we couldent buy.. cu on next ride....we will ride to loas this feb....

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
sharifudin,
my trip progress just fine tune..we will go 4 bike as stated in loas bike permit..my self/safie besi/redzuan/sharil.hope we c u in changmai.. :D :D before we entre loas through chiang kong..
c u bro :D