RIP Alan Taff Davies

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by brian_bkk, Nov 23, 2013.

1. brian_bkk

brian_bkk Ol'Timer Staff Member

A big surprise today to hear Alan "Taff" has passed away back in the UK.
    GTR Handle a-tecracing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well known for his love of off-road riding based out of Pattaya and the last few riding seasons at Baan Ricky Kanchanaburi.

Genuine bloke that loved his riding.. The business side always came a distant second.
    A number of times I asked Alan to give me some coaching and ride around Saiyokyai together..

Always at the end of the weekend he would never take any money and say you are a friend..
    Beers it was. We spent a great new year together at Baan Ricky last year..

A few trip reports I can find below that Alan was instrumental in making happen..

Baan Ricky Enduro
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38113-Baan-Ricky-Enduro-March-2013

Baan Ricky New Year 2012/13
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/37729-Baan-Ricky-New-Year-2012-13

Quote from Alan:-
    "I maybe 6000 miles away, but good to see you enjoying Kanchanaburi"

A post from Alan
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35885-off-road-riding-Kanchanabri

RIP mate.

2. Loading...

3. A very sad news. He was a god dammed good fellow. RIP Alan.

4. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

i hung out with Alan in pattaya a few times ,, such a nice decent chap ,,what a shame my condolences t his family .

5. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Oh my, what shocking and sad news to hear that Alan has passed away- I was so looking forward to riding with him again. He was kind and generous to a fault and will be missed :cry:

6. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Sad news & very sorry to hear. Alan had a big heart, was a star in the expat off road scene, popular with everybody.
    RIP.

7. brian_bkk

8. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

^ A heartwarming article, thank you for sharing. I'd have never guessed Alan was 53!

9. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

10. mikehohman

mikehohman Ol'Timer

Ricky of Baan Ricky organized a service for Alan yesterday up at Baan Ricky in Sai Yoke Yai. It was a very touching service to remember Alan and the good times we had with him up in Kanchanaburi. I also got to meet his window, it was very sad... Here is a snap of the memorial...

[​IMG]

11. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Harry just bumped this picture from a fun weekend with Alan last year. I hope he won't mind if I share it here:
    [​IMG]

12. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

So what actually Happened to Him? I have seen No Reason for Departing at a relatively Young Age on this Thread?

13. brian_bkk

None given.. Ignoring the Thai rumour mill.. Take 2+2 and get 24.

Cheers
    Brian

14. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

I believe he had a heart attack but its not confirmed .

in the last 4 years have seen a few pals shuffle off from Cancer, strokes and heart attacks in their mid forties and early fifties ....most appeared in good health , but one never knows ......

15. brian_bkk

Let's not speculate fellas.
    Best leave the families wishes to privacy on the matter intact.

Thanks
    Brian