Road Condition Route 8 Laos

Jun 12, 2010
Hello.
I was hoping that some one could help me whit the newest update on the road condition on route 8 ( Laos ) from Vieng Kham ( Route 12 ) Tru Lak Sao up to the border crossing into vietnam at Cau Treo. If somebody also now the road condition further on route 8 in Vietnam into Vhin, i be greatfull :) I am planning to cross over there i january whit motor bike...

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Best Regards

Helge in Thailand

Jun 12, 2010
Hello Backdoorphil

Thanks for the advice. But i have already i contact in Vietnam, That i got from YemPaul in Singapore. So this contact are already in progress whit all the papers :) But Thanks anyway .

But is there nobody that now anything about the road condition on Route 8 in Laos and into Vietnam :)

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
From the turn at Hwy 13 to the border, the road is sealed but some small portions are being re-worked. It's not a bad ride and goes quite quickly. Big bike - small bike, no problem.

I've heard from 2 other rider groups this year that were turned around at the border as the Vietnam paperwork was not correct. It's a problem but if you guy has done it before, should be ok.

Jun 12, 2010
Hello Jimoi

Thanks for the answer back , about the road condition on Route 8 .. We are 8 people that are taking the trip in Januray. And we are using a company in Vietnam, They have done it before for some people i know , so it should be ok :)

Best regards Helge in Thailand