SHARK helmets

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Had a look at the official website and decided to order my 4th SHARK, a scooter style RSJ helmet in the bigger shell size. Sent an email to Woodie (Sarawut) at Whipping Racing and got immediate reply that he will order. After one month (confirmed delivery time) he sent another email, said delivery has been postponed to 21st December. Still today no sign of the helmet or an answer. Woodie always immediately answered my emails, so don't think the problem's with him.
I think for a manufactoring facility in Thailand this is a very poor sales behaviour and non acceptable delivery time. Next time I will look for another brand as this p***** me off now big time.
Another problem is that the choice of helmets available both at Whipping and at Helmet2Home is very limited and as I am the customer, I do want to try and have a choice and not some model I do not like to be shoved down my throat.....................
Seems that the delivery system via Sylvang Supply is a failure at the best. Rgds, FR

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Many thanks for the info Dave.
LUCKILY I got my new SHARK RSJ delivered today to my place by Woodie, cost me THB 9,700.- and is brandnew. Woodie said that he will stop with his business. So I anyway need to look for another source.
So here is my new town/shorthaul helmet; my 4th SHARK:

SharkRSJ-2sm_zps134a7aef.jpg

SharkRSJ-1sm_zps19ca8f62.jpg

Fits as always perfect on my head, is a little louder than the Vision-R or even the SXR I have but convenient as also has a retractable sunvisor.
And again the quality is perfect compared to my old Arai or the crappy Airoh. Rgds, FR

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Glad you finally received it. I looked at the Shark at Honda Big Wing for the first time. It looked very well made and was lighter than some other helmets they had. I was particularly impressed with the liner and cheek pads. It looked extremely comfortable. I may consider one to replace my Shoei which is now 6 years old.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Dave, I just gave away my 6 year old RSFi to a Thai friend for his scooter, bought this one in Austria as at that time non available in LOS yet. Never had to change anything and it fitted me perfect until I dumped it. Was my main helmet, removable liners just had to be washed from time to time in soapy water. Even the visor I used, still the original one. No need to buy a replacement one as long as you don't drop it. Form of these helmet fits my big round head perfectly. Nolan's, AGV's, Shoei's and Arai's are to tight for me. Other good helmet I had before from quality and fitting was a Schuberth but they cost now more than double the Shark. Airoh also fitted ok but insides were crap. Rgds, FR

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Shark helmets at CNX Big Wing are 11,000 baht - they had about 6 on display.

cheers ken F

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Ken, many thanks !!
Just came back from a 2 day scooter trip and I must admit the RSJ is the perfect helmet for this purpose. Light, with the retracable sunvisor no fiddling with glasses and the way it fit's my head, just perfect. Hope only that them dealers here in CNX finally realise that this is also a growing market where the customers wants to have a choice and get more models and sizes into their shops. Cheers, Franz

Nov 7, 2007
Franz;286185 wrote: Hi Ken, many thanks !!
Just came back from a 2 day scooter trip and I must admit the RSJ is the perfect helmet for this purpose. Light, with the retracable sunvisor no fiddling with glasses and the way it fit's my head, just perfect. Hope only that them dealers here in CNX finally realise that this is also a growing market where the customers wants to have a choice and get more models and sizes into their shops. Cheers, Franz
Well it's the same problem as with all other gear - shops in CM have 2 pieces of this and 1 piece of that, and you have to visit them all to get a reasonable selection.
Kawasaki just got a new order of sparx - production dates 2012 so apparently they're still being made, great value at 4,300 baht and the only helmet I can wear on my long elephant-man-like head that doesn't cause a sore spot. They also have some brand new Nolans.

Good info on Big Wing, checking it out tomorrow, I was window shopping there today, what a fantastic addition to Chiang Mai's bike shops!

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
All so true Nik ! Hope also this market starts to boom as quickly as the IT one 10 years ago.
We had to go to Singapore to get some quality products for a good price and bring them back to LOS, now Singaporeans go on the lookout to Panthip, things have changed quickly. Or just remember the monopoly on mobiles some 17 years ago, now you have a huge choice already.
So I'm very optimistic that also here, Thailand moves forward quickly.............cheers, Franz

Jul 28, 2008
brake034;286378 wrote: Tomorrow plan to look at the Shark Speed-R Avenger or Ike in CM.
Seems Helmet2home has two shops in CM?!
Check out this one http://www.helmet2home.com/product.detail_815605_th_4080346 while you are there, if you like it I'd accept 7,000 for mine and it is in 'as new' condition so a 5k saving on their price which is already discounted, they were originally over 20k. Details are in the classifieds section.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Marcel, glad the SHARK fits ! Just got another REAL scooter helmet for my partner at the same shop, much more cheap than at any other outlet they are selling them, brand new and also a perfect fit for him. No need for glasses as I now only buy helmets with retractable sunvisors and so never wear any sunglasses.
Rgds, FR