Ship bike from Vancouver to Thailand?

domi

Aug 15, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm looking into shipping my KLR 650 from Vancouver, Canada to Bangkok, Thailand in November. Has anyone done this and has some advice, starting with who you shipped using and the cost? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to this and just trying to figure out the pitfalls.

Thanks,
Domi.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
domi;281716 wrote: Hey guys,

I'm looking into shipping my KLR 650 from Vancouver, Canada to Bangkok, Thailand in November. Has anyone done this and has some advice, starting with who you shipped using and the cost? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to this and just trying to figure out the pitfalls.

Thanks,
Domi.
Domi
This GT Rider info may help
https://www.gt-rider.com/motorcycles-in-thailand/importing-motorcycles-into-thailand

Temporary Bike Import Agent
Fair & Easy Co., Ltd
1091/241 Unit 9A-9B, City Link Bldg
Soi New Petchburi 35
Makkasan Ratchathevee
Bangkok 10400
Phone: +66-2-651-6800
Fax: +66-2-651-6802
Mobile: +66-81-422-4995
Email: [email protected]

Nov 2, 2008
Hello Domi,

Give the boys at Courtney Agencies a call, they are fairly helpful and located downtown Van. Though I've had several dealings with Fair & Easy too, and the gals there are very helpful plus they speak perfect English. Also be sure to email a copy of your registration to a company like AA Insurance Thailand, and they can easily provide you with Thai insurance for your KLR. Certainly you'll have insurance for yourself, but having the Thai based insurance will go a long way to smoothing things through if unfortunately you have an 'incident'.

Though I feel selling me your KLR at a great price, and renting yourself a Versys for Thailand, would be a better option...for me that is. ;)

Cheers,
Currently in Burnaby,
Kev