Some where to leave the bikes for a short period in Nong Khai / Udon

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Fellas,

Planning a trip and need some advice / help.

Rob and I will ride our bikes over to Nong Khai / Udon from CNX the weekend before the trip and leave them for 5 days before coming back.

Then fly back the following Friday and head up to LPQ etc coming back on the Tuesday late October.

Then need to leave the bikes for a week or two after the trip until we can get back to ride over to CNX.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has a place in either Nong Khai or Udon where we can store the bikes for 2 max 3 weeks?

Some where safe and locked up with a little bit of gear.

Either location is fine as we can just take a taxi from Udon to pick up the bikes and ride over to Vientiane.

Cheers
Brian

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
In Nong Khai I always stay at the Pantawee hotel. They have an apartment block with pool out the back & it may just be that you can leave the bikes there?
Maybe Dougal knows something about Nong Khai & can help.

Mar 30, 2010
Thank you John and David for the quick reply.

A wealth of knowledge as usual :)

I have sent the bike shop an email.. Lets see what they come back with.
We wont stay in Udon over night so a Hotel may not be willing to accommodate the bikes..

Any other suggestions welcome..

Cheers
Brian

Mar 30, 2010
brian_bkk;282694 wrote: Thank you John and David for the quick reply.

A wealth of knowledge as usual :)

I have sent the bike shop an email.. Lets see what they come back with.
We wont stay in Udon over night so a Hotel may not be willing to accommodate the bikes..

Any other suggestions welcome..

Cheers
Brian
Unfortunately the bike shop fobbed us off.. Said to ask Kawa Udon.

So still looking for a place to park the bikes.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
Isn't there a Kawasaki dealer in Udon? I bet for a price they might be willing to store your bikes for a week?

Edit- just remembered, one of the bikes isn't a Kawasaki... Still, I'd think for a wee bit of money there has to be someplace that would be willing to store the bikes for a week...

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK;282799 wrote: Isn't there a Kawasaki dealer in Udon? I bet for a price they might be willing to store your bikes for a week?

Edit- just remembered, one of the bikes isn't a Kawasaki... Still, I'd think for a wee bit of money there has to be someplace that would be willing to store the bikes for a week...
Thanks Tony..

The owner of Ban RimgKhong is going to get his wife to ask around in Nong Khai

Otherwise will give them a call.. May see if K. Khampon at Rama 9 has any contacts in Kawa Udon to help smooth the way.
He is very kind. Gave me a free mirror recently for the KLX (i busted the left one after the backflip).. Second hand or something, they couldn't sell it... "If you don't need new.. It is yours, free".

Cheers
Brian

J

Javawa

Brian,

Just before the Friendship bridge there are several parking places with guards as there are quite a few people who want to leave their car/bike in Thailand and take public transport to go to Vientiane. Some of these places have roofed over places. You can park cars and I assume also bikes there and you pay a daily parking rate of about 100 Baht per day.

Javawa

Mar 30, 2010
Javawa;282867 wrote: Brian,

Just before the Friendship bridge there are several parking places with guards as there are quite a few people who want to leave their car/bike in Thailand and take public transport to go to Vientiane. Some of these places have roofed over places. You can park cars and I assume also bikes there and you pay a daily parking rate of about 100 Baht per day.

Javawa
Thank you for the information Javawa. Much appreciated.

Had a call and chat with Kawa Udon Yesterday / Today and they have agreed to let us leave the bikes there for the time we need.

Big thanks to Kawa Rama 9.. K. Khampon provides the best customer service in Bangkok.
Called him, explained what we were doing.. Followed up with an email. Two days later a call back with the the owners details to call for Udon Kawa..
Done.

Cheers
Brian