Sometimes you just get lucky

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by ray23, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

I was sweating blood over who to take my bike to Yamaha 535 rear diferential seal leaking and a clacking noise that I thought was a loose rear brake spring.

There is a parts tore here in Udon that has a shop in it's rear. I have been going o it fo over four years now for minor things. The 750 I had befoer they would not touch it beyond, electric oil changes ect. We had become friends and I invited the shop manager and owner, to my wifes birthday party.

I didn't think they would work on this problem as they normally just do small bikes. But the work they have done for me has always been good and at a fair price. The guy who normally works on big bikes that I go to here in town, usually has a two to three week back log.

Took it in at 0930, they took it part not only were the rear seals gone, but the main bearing was shot ( clacking noise) at least even ball bearings missing in the main bearing. Not a good thing. But all the running gear is essentally the same as the 400.

Well I saw I was in deep trouble went home and got the Phantom, tiem to replace the rear tire aand the front fork seals. I wanted to have soemthing to ride. I knew that could be done.

1500 I get a call to go to the shop and pick up the 535, it was finished cost 1800 baht.

I was totaly amazed, don't know how they found the bearing, but they did.

2. Loading...

3. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

Sometimes one just need luck,, see you on saturday then?

4. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Yep I will be there