SONGKHLA/HAT YAI-Looking to rent or buy bike

baz666

Sep 21, 2013
Hello,
New to this excellent site. I'm looking to rent a D-Tracker if possible in the Songkhla or Hat Yai area but that seems unlikely. It's too bad that CBR150 that was advertised in Songkhla was sold! I'd have snapped it up.
Anyway, I'm looking for something in the THB50k to THB60k range. Don't mind if it's a bit older if looked after. I enjoy working on bikes.
I'll look at pretty much anything that's not a scooter and is good for longer trips up to Krabi, Phuket and Satun.

Oh, and if you know where I can rent a scooter monthly down here, I'd be obliged. One guy told me THB4,000 per month but at that price, I may as well buy a used one for 20,000 or so.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Dec 27, 2007
Assuming you want a bike with legal registration I think you could perhaps find an old Honda Phantom or old model CBR150 within your price range...

Not aware of anyplace down there that rents anything larger than scooters but if you do find a place that rents motorcycles please do let us know!

Best of luck!

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
baz666;293142 wrote: Hello,
New to this excellent site. I'm looking to rent a D-Tracker if possible in the Songkhla or Hat Yai area but that seems unlikely. It's too bad that CBR150 that was advertised in Songkhla was sold! I'd have snapped it up.
Anyway, I'm looking for something in the THB50k to THB60k range. Don't mind if it's a bit older if looked after. I enjoy working on bikes.
I'll look at pretty much anything that's not a scooter and is good for longer trips up to Krabi, Phuket and Satun.

Oh, and if you know where I can rent a scooter monthly down here, I'd be obliged. One guy told me THB4,000 per month but at that price, I may as well buy a used one for 20,000 or so.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Welcome to the forum!

No real bike rentals in Songkhla or Hat Yai. I've rented out my other Nouvo for 1,5 years straight to teachers who needed transportation and couldn't find a used bike for 10 to 20K.

Funny that you should mention my clean CBR150R with less than 5K km which I finally sold for 50K - after advertising it for seven months!

BTW, you could buy a new carbed Nouvo 135 for 50K. Last April I did a 3,000km trip from Songkhla to Surat Thani, Chumpon, Hua Hin, Ranong, Phuket, Krabi and Trang and was surprised at what a good bike the Nouvo is! Plush big seat and storage space, and it is more comfortable than the CBR150R which I left in the garage. It's fast enough for my taste (110km/h indicated) but at open throttle uses as much gas as the CBR150R.

Why don't you send me a PM since you live in Songkhla.

baz666

Sep 21, 2013
Hey,
Mystery to me how to send u a pm! Guess im just not
Seeing the link.
But yes, since we're both in Songkhla, drop me a line on my
Email at baz666 at yahoo.com
i ended up buying an old phantom 200 while in Bkk recently. Paid 35k for it
Then rode it to Bkk, had a cpl issues so sent it home by Thai post, whicj
Was easy and cheap.
Been sorting out a few ignition problems that seemed to appear only once bike is hot.
Messed about with electrics and aftr long hot ride today, no problems.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Anyway, drop me a line.
Baz