Storage in chiang mai for some bags, top box, suitcase, helmet, etc

Gary D

Apr 17, 2010
I have had to unexpectantly return to Australia and found bike storage in Chiang Mai. Nat from the Piston Shop has a storage shed used for travellers. He uses a front and rear wheel jack, bike cover and disconnects the battery. He starts the motor each month. Cost 700 baht a month.

Gary

Aug 12, 2010
Hi
Me and a friend will be riding our bikes to Chiang Mai on Saturday and on Sunday flying to Vietnam for 5 days. Does anyone know of a safe place where we can leave our bikes ? (Versys and 250 honda Degree) Have not booked a hotel yet in CM. Any recommendations appreciated. I would be willing to pay a fair price for the five days storage.
Cheers
DD

I have left my truck at a hotel (Rydges Tapae) there in Chiang Mai before while I took off on a rented bike for several days but never left a bike there. I would imagine it would be something easy to work out though if you spent a couple nights at a hotel there coming and going. I have left bags at other hotels many times while I took off on rented bikes as well with no problems. Good luck, I hope someone else from that area chimes in, I have only been a tourist there.

Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion HB. I will give them a call to ask if they will allow us to leave the bikes and of course we will stay there on Saturday and also spending a night or two when we return to CM. If I remember correctly they have a parking facility under the hotel which would be perfect. Cheers Mate,

hawaiianbrians;283817 wrote: I have left my truck at a hotel (Rydges Tapae) there in Chiang Mai before while I took off on a rented bike for several days but never left a bike there. I would imagine it would be something easy to work out though if you spent a couple nights at a hotel there coming and going. I have left bags at other hotels many times while I took off on rented bikes as well with no problems. Good luck, I hope someone else from that area chimes in, I have only been a tourist there.

Sep 30, 2012
Can anyone recommend somewhere to store some bike gear in chiang mai for a few months? Probably a top box, helmet, jacket and a suitcase.

I found this place on google www.chiangmai-storage.com

It looks ok. Any other suggestions?

Dec 27, 2007
Give Nat at Piston Shop a call. He offers secure motorcycle storage at reasonable rates. Probably less for the items you describe.

Nat: 081-9524433