Subscribing to forums?

Discussion in 'New XENFORO Board :: Instructions' started by wimpy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. wimpy

wimpy Ol'Timer

With the new software, is there any way to subscribe to various forums so that I receive an email when there are new topics? Can't find it if there is. :?:

2. Loading...

3. SilverhawkUSA

SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

Wimpy-

I believe if you go to your "profile" and look under "preferences".. You can activate the Notify of Reply option. The way I read it, you can then select yes or no for an individual topic.[/u]

4. wimpy

wimpy Ol'Timer

Wimpy-

I believe if you go to your "profile" and look under "preferences".. You can activate the Notify of Reply option. The way I read it, you can then select yes or no for an individual topic.[/u]
    Yeah, I found that. I was hoping to be able to receive an email when someone posts an entirely new topic, as was possible with the old software.

Cheers,

5. Robin Holmes

Robin Holmes Ol'Timer

Has anyone found a way to be notified of new topic posts? I have only just found time to investigate why after the change to the new forum, I get no emails from GT Rider.

I realise can subscribe to various topics, but new topics I can't fathom.

I hope you all had a great Christmas by the way, and all have a great year in 2008.

If anyone is interested I got married in BKK on the 22nd Nov. Will be moving to CNX from England as soon as I can afford to. 2010 or earlier I hope

6. Kiwi Cruiser

Kiwi Cruiser Ol'Timer

Hi there
    Notification of new posts in a Topic you have subscribed to is a part of the Board software.

Notification of new Topics in your favourite forum is not... although there is a "modification" that enables this. We will add it to the wish-list, and when time / finances permit, add this and several other useful features. Most "mods" require a skilled programmer to implement.

Cheers
    Ben