Tha Kaek Customs Totaly Bonkers

Apr 19, 2010
Well I am in Lao (but only just) Customs refused entry for bike and told me to go back to Thailand!! Asked to see the boss the reason he is giving is that documents are in Thai.They got a guy to take me to some caeavan touring Company who apparently will translate the documents.TOLD I have to wait 2 hours.I imagine all this will com with a hefty price tag as it is bound to include a kickback for the Customs guys who took me to them!!I hope sodding Lao is worth it!!

Dec 27, 2007
finzean100 wrote: Well I am in Lao (but only just) Customs refused entry for bike and told me to go back to Thailand!! Asked to see the boss the reason he is giving is that documents are in Thai.They got a guy to take me to some caeavan touring Company who apparently will translate the documents.TOLD I have to wait 2 hours.I imagine all this will com with a hefty price tag as it is bound to include a kickback for the Customs guys who took me to them!!I hope sodding Lao is worth it!!
Ah! I was wondering if this was required for Laos! I know it's required for Malaysia but wasn't sure about Laos. You can have your green book translated at any Thai Land Transport Dept office for something like 100 or 150 Baht. I had mine done over a year ago and can't remember what I paid, only that it was cheap. :mrgreen:
Guess I'd better get mine done before riding to Laos next week with the boys! :happy5:
Happy Trails!
Tony

Mar 30, 2010
No translation required for me with at Chiang Khong Dec 3rd or at Chong Mek in June.

Sounds like someone is looking to make money.

How much did it cost from the tour company in the end?

Brian