The funnies - Backpackers Creed

SuziQ

Oct 29, 2006
KHAO SAN ROAD SYNDROME [^]
1. I shall wear as big a backpack as possible to bear proud witness of my creed.
2.I shall not leave Khao San road without a Lonely Planet guide.
3.I shall wear the traditional backpacker's uniform and don at least one piece of local clothing (e.g conical hat in Vietnam, a karma in Cambodia etc)
4. I shall eat banana pancakes and Phat thai on regular basis, for it is quintessentail Asian food.
5.I shall stay in the cheapest guesthouse. More money for beer.
6.I shall drink the local beer, for I shall always endeavour to be in tune with local culture and because it is cheapest.
7.I shall make pilgrimage to a Full Moon party and Hat rin at least once in my life.
8.I shall bargain without mercy and hone my skill to a sharp edge, so that I can proudly proclaim our sacred motto " I get it for less than the locals".
9. i shall not leave Khao san Road without having my hair coloured, dreadlocked, corn-rolled or shaven off.

THIS WAS PRINTED ON A T-SHIRT I PURCHASED IN BKK.

Nov 14, 2004
Suz, are you going through a mid life crisis, or are you making up for having that "good Catholic girl education"
But hey wear the tee with pride, Koa San rd was the place to find yourself on that world tour, ask Tom Ford, world traveller extraordinaire.
So gall what was the bargin[}:)]...Scott

SuziQ

Oct 29, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by scot harper

Suz, are you going through a mid life crisis, or are you making up for having that "good Catholic girl education"
But hey wear the tee with pride, Koa San rd was the place to find yourself on that world tour, ask Tom Ford, world traveller extraordinaire.
So gall what was the bargin[}:)]...Scott

LOL. Never had a Catholic education... my mom attended the convent though. My origin is Hindu... err...origin of the KMSutra?[:p]

I attained my single woman status at the age of 36. Late bloomer. [:D]
Dreadlocks, shaven head etc not to my liking but it sure was fun people watching on KS Road. Midlife crisis? been there done that and moved on.[:D]

The T-shirts were for my cousin bros. They found it amusing too. I 'found' myself in Vientiane Laos though not in BKK.
Well, I can't divulge wat the bargain was out here/ You'll have to email me. [:p]