Tour from Malaysia to North Thailand-laos-Chinese Border

Abg Acid

Ol'Timer
Jan 31, 2007
Malaysia
Hi all,

Its been almost 2 years now since we did the North Thailand. I hope some of you stilll remember the post we did, when we travelled into Thailand from Malaysia on small cubs. Anyaway this is the link of the last ride we did in dec 2007.

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t3341.html

So, for year 2009 we intend to return doing a similar tour but will try to get into Laos and into the Chinese border of Boten. This time we will have 18days and will be travelling on a slightly bigger bike, a 150cc fuel injection yamaha. Currently its still on the drawing board and appreciate if anyone can comment on the intended route.

1. hat Yai - ban Pong (train)
2 Ban-Pong - Katchanaburi
3. Katchanaburi - Sukhotai
4 Sukhotai - Uttaradit-Nam Pat-(ferry across Sirikit Dam)-Pat Nai-Nan
5 Nan- Santhi Suk- Bo Kluea-Pua ( one loop)- Chaing Kam-Phu Chi Fa (Do Pha Tang)- Chiang Khong.
6 Chiang Khong- (cross into Laos) - Lam Namtha
7 Lam Namtha- Boten- Houei Xai
8 Houei Xai-(reenter thailand)- Chiang Khong- Doi Mae Salong
9 Doi Mae Salog-Fang- Doi Ang Khang-Mae Taeng-Pai
10 Pai - MHS
11 MHS- Khun Yuam- Mae Chaem
12 MaeChaem-Doi Inthanon- Samoeng-Mae Rim-Chieng Mai

From Cehng Mai its south direction ride all the way, and we will avoid bangkok, but will tour Hua Hin, and also will make westward after Cumphon into Ranog and then travelling southwards to Phangga and Krabi-Hatyai.

We wish to get to our destination before 5 pm on the above routes, will the distance be comfortable for each day? Especially on day 5, where we wish to see more of the mountain country from Nan to Chiang Khong.

Last, on the 12th day, is this possible? Is there a direct good road from Mae Chaem to Samoeng?

We appreciate any comment of the route.

Tnaking you guys in advance.

Abg acid

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
1. hat Yai - ban Pong (train)
2 Ban-Pong - Katchanaburi
3. Katchanaburi - Sukhotai
4 Sukhotai - Uttaradit-Nam Pat-(ferry across Sirikit Dam)-Pat Nai-Nan
5 Nan- Santhi Suk- Bo Kluea-Pua ( one loop)- Chaing Kam-Phu Chi Fa (Do Pha Tang)- Chiang Khong.
6 Chiang Khong- (cross into Laos) - Lam Namtha
7 Lam Namtha- Boten- Houei Xai
8 Houei Xai-(reenter thailand)- Chiang Khong- Doi Mae Salong
9 Doi Mae Salog-Fang- Doi Ang Khang-Mae Taeng-Pai
10 Pai - MHS
11 MHS- Khun Yuam- Mae Chaem
12 MaeChaem-Doi Inthanon- Samoeng-Mae Rim-Chieng Mai

bro item 6/7(take a rest in Luang Namtha sleep )
6. Chiang KOng(cross by ferry) -Houei Xai- Lam Namtha
7.Lam Namtha - Boten -Houei Xai :arrow:

hv nice ride bro..

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Looks like a great route.

Hope you enough time to get everywhere. Like Burnjr says, it's a good idea to plan a rest day somewhere.

Have a great ride.

zain

Sep 2, 2009
Hai Abg Acid. Since May then are you up the plan to ride to Laos? Hope you can post the pics and report. :D

Abg Acid

Ol'Timer
Jan 31, 2007
Malaysia
Hi Zain,

No we havent done it yet. We will do it in the cool dry months of Dec and January. At the moment, looks like everything has been settled and we will begin our jornwy on the 17th december, and hope to finish it on the 3rd January.

I have 5 other close friend riders signed up willing and ready to go. Yup everyone seems excited...

Yet, I wil be riding up to Koh Samui later this month , sort of holiday ride, 5days.

AA

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
AA,
HAve nice and safety ride..dont forget ride up to Muang Sing nice
scenery and they have festival in december....
Carefull road from HUay Xai to Luang Lamtha a bit pit hole after..
monson.. 8) :D :lol:

Abg Acid

Ol'Timer
Jan 31, 2007
Malaysia
Thank you burnjr,

Festival at Muang Sing? I didnt know about that. What kind of festival? Do tell me more, please. Really great to have festival, will definitely learn more of Lao cultures. Hope we can witness this festival..

AA