Touratech Aventuro Carbon Fiber Helmet

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Goran Phuket, May 10, 2015.

1. Goran Phuket

Goran Phuket Ol'Timer

Got it week ago from Touratech Thailand. Excellent helmet but comes with price. Can be converted easily into touring helmet. Check out the review video.

GPS: N13.658417 E100.788950

Touratech-Thailand Co., Ltd.
    126 Moo 6 | Watsriwareenoi - Ladkrabang Road | Srisajorakhaeyai | Bangsaothong | samutprakarn 10540
    Tel. : +66 (0)-2327-9361 to 63

2. Loading...

3. CraigBKK

CraigBKK Ol'Timer

I chose the Nexx OEM version because I need an internal sun visor in Thailand. The Touratech version is lighter, being made of carbon fibre and has a few extra vent holes I believe, justifying the extra price possibly.

I'm impressed with my Nexx and the airflow, especially with the off road chin guard has made riding in the current heat more bearable.

I'm interested to see how you get on with the peak at speed. I rarely push 100 km/h on my little CRF but on your bigger bikes it may be a different story.

4. Goran Phuket

Goran Phuket Ol'Timer

Yes lack of sun visor is the problem for me too. Haven't ridden with this helmet yet though but as soon as I do I'll post the verdict.
  5. Goran Phuket

Goran Phuket Ol'Timer

Rode 900km straight at once today. Helmet is fantastic. Max speed 195km/h, to my surprise no issues at all. No sun visor but sunglasses fit nicely. However not much noise protection as compared to my touring Schuberth C3 Pro.
  6. CraigBKK

CraigBKK Ol'Timer

This was written by Iain Glynn, Touratch USA Sales and Support on the subject of the differences between this and the NEXX for those of you interested (taken from ADVrider)

"The helmet shape and functionality was all designed in house by Touratech Germany and they contracted NEXX to build the helmet. NEXX took the design and built their own version of the helmet using the basic shape and structure of the Touratech Aventuro. The Aventuro Carbon has been built specifically for long distance dual sport touring, this explains many of the feature differences between the Touratech and the NEXX versions. I have not had my hands on an XD1 so I can’t comment on it with 100% certainty but I will do my best.

The XD.1 has an internal sun visor that can be flipped down. This is not a feature of the Aventuro because the sun visor will become dusty and jam or scratch even when it is not deployed during off-road use. This visor and it’s mechanism also reduce the thickness of the liner inside the helmet and slightly reduce its ability to absorb energy in a crash.

The XD1 has a cut out in the outer shell on the left hand side to fit the NEXX communication system (similar setup to the Nolan and Schuberth helmets with built in com systems). The XD1 and the Aventuro both have molded shapes inside for ear speakers and a mouth microphone. Any clamp-on or stick-on communication system can be used on the Aventro or XD1 helmets but only the XD1 can use the NEXX communication system.

The Aventuro shell is 100% carbon fiber while the XD1 is not. The XD1 is much heavier because of the shell material as well as the sun visor and communication system provisions. The XD1 weighs ¾ lb more than the Aventuro Carbon in equivalent sizes.

The XD1 is about $200 cheaper than the Aventuro.

The Aventuro does have a goggle strap at the back of the helmet that is not a part of the XD1. The Aventuro also INCLUDES the pin-lock visor insert and the side base plates that are required to mount “Quick Straps” goggle straps. Those items are not included with the XD1 and cost about $100 to purchase separately.

The peak mounting hardware and side plate hardware is identical between the two helmets."

The US version of the NEXX doesn't come with a pin-lock but the Thai and European versions do have this feature as standard.

Goran, I'm glad you had no problems with the peak at speed, this seems to be a complaint among riders of the NEXX. The Schuberth C3 Pro is one of the quietest helmets around so you will find most others noisy in comparison.

Keep enjoying!
    Goran Phuket likes this.