trails around doi sutthep

Jun 21, 2006
for the past month and a half barring bike problems, ill -health and weather issues, we have been exploring and trying to piece together the labyrinth of trails that makes up doi sutthep mountain.

apart from the mapped truck trails that go up the mountain there are countless walking, mountain bike, farming trails.
barry bbq, myself, big and tall, ball and tommy have been riding these trails trying to push them through and connect them all up.
are weapons of choice are lightweight motocross bikes which make the trails exhilarating if not a little tiring, and the odd spat of cursing when they wont start. howver for turning round, lifting over logs, snaking through trees they are perfect.
barry loves these moments grinning like a cheshire cat whenever one of us has dumped it

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

spending the next 10 mins sweating and swearing trying to get it going again while barrys finger hovers above that magic button teasing us.

DSC02391.jpg

justin takes a break from the technical trail we were on as you can see from the photo, it was a real challenge getting up that one

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

we stumbled upon this waterfall/pond/bathing area, when on one of our descents back onto the 1296. halfway through the trail this waterfall/pond/bathing area provided us with the perfect excuse to get off our bikes and spend 2 hours sunbathing and playing in the water. this was quality singletrack, although going up might have been a different story. it was a relief to link it through after numerous dead ends and dodgy farmers directions had used up nearly a whole day of riding

DSC02436.jpg

tough singletrack up to the observatory from behind the 121( bring water)

DSC02439.jpg

no need for a sidestand here

DSC02443.jpg

justin struggling for grip, unbelieveably he managed to keep his cool throughout the ordeal. ( oh but where is the CRF i hear them call) answers on a postcard.

DSC02444.jpg

it was a real horror show ending in a explicit manoevre that had to be seen to be believed to rescue the YZF from its beleagred state.

DSC02446.jpg

if the locals thought this little section was hard before, they wont be too pleased with team blue after he spent 45 minutes meticulously burrowing another 1ft into the trench

DSC02466.jpg

valve issues plagued this rider..

DSC02467.jpg

and he called silverhawk for some reassurance and much needed consoling. and a lift back to the bewildered mechanics.

DSC02472.jpg

here mister " independent rock bitch ", struggles with his revvy RM125 on a rutted section

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02478.jpg
DSC02493.jpg

former enduro champ mr. ball shows his displeasure at a rocky uphill section

DSC02495.jpg

whilst his sidekick mr. tom strugled to find words at all

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

anyone who enjoys singletrack and thrashing around the bushes feel free to get in contact for a ride. but be warned we take a lot of breaks regardless of the terrain.

United Kingdom
125 Posts
Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 18:24:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those arent even the revealing ones either mr .rossi! anyone who wanst the full monty send me an email as i dont want to tarnish a good honest message board with filthy man photos. and yes i second no invites for mark anymore unless he brings along the mio instead of his yzf, then we can begin to negotiate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
suzukiluke
GSXR1000

mark rossi
Average Member

Thailand
81 Posts
Posted - 25 Nov 2007 : 18:18:08

all jokes aside, suzi-lu and B&T are definatley unique guides, makes for a fun day hooning around the mountain, would recommend to anyone, all you need is to rent a honda xr and go with the dynamic duo,goodtimes assured

let your right hand do the talking

pikey
Advanced Member

Thailand
340 Posts
Posted - 25 Nov 2007 : 21:32:34

Agreed Mark. Wicked pics and a great write up from Luke and B&T but I think I'd be a bit worried accomanying the "dynamic duo" after seeing B&T's "trouser tent" pic. I crash a lot and would definitely would not want him "chasing up the rear" if we went out again - may put a smile on his face, but definitely not on mine!!! (only joking Justin )

"Belligerent, honest, sarcastic and rides like an arse? Hmmm, that'll be me then! "

Edited by - pikey on 25 Nov 2007 21:39:21

Peter1

22 Posts
Posted - 26 Nov 2007 : 17:07:21

This is the way that the Thai goverment stop motorcycling in the forest - for everyone. Same in Europa and elswhere....

xxx

suzukiluke

United Kingdom
125 Posts
Posted - 26 Nov 2007 : 20:16:02

dont understand you peter.. what is the way they stop motorcycling in the forest??????

suzukiluke
GSXR1000

Jun 21, 2006
mmm as you can see i am struggling with the transition of photos from the old board to this board, anyone care to give me a hand? davefl if you can do it i will give you my password.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
suzukiluke wrote: mmm as you can see i am struggling with the transition of photos from the old board to this board, anyone care to give me a hand? davefl if you can do it i will give you my password.
SL,

If you can still open your report on the old board, click edit, copy it, and paste it in the new board... the code for the photos should be the same on both boards, but only shows up in the 'edit' text box...

give that a go...

Cheers,
Daewoo (who's posts have killed the new board, so maybe not the best person to get nerdbox advice from)

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
You have to open the old board as Deawoo mentioned and then open your message for editing (click on the the small icon with a pencil) and then copy all the stuff including the photobucket locations over to the new board. Then comes the hard work as you will have to highlight each and every picture reference and then click on IMG in the top row above the message you are editing so you get
at the end of the picture reference.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/ ... C02380.jpg

with the
becomes

DSC02380.jpg

and then the pictures will show up.

Hope this helps

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
Alternatively, open the original Post in EDIT mode, and copy it over. That should preserve all the original tags.

NB: Check your Profile, and make sure HTML is enabled - there is a little Yes/No toggle half way down the page.

Cheers

Ben

Oct 12, 2005
The muppets have risen to new hieghts of accomplishments in computer technology by being able to log on correctly....who would of thought.

Can history be erased????