Transiting through Uthai Thani

Discussion in 'Central Western Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by Goran Phuket, May 31, 2015.

1. Goran Phuket

Goran Phuket Ol'Timer Staff Member

When mentioning Uthai Thani usually reminds me of that excellent highway stretch towards Nakhon Sawan.
    This time I've decided to avoid main route and explore back roads before proceeding towards Lop Buri for overnight rest.

After all these years in Thailand I still find these brightgreen rice fields jaw-dropping gorgeous. I must have taken dozens of similar pics within last 14-15 years and never gets boring.

[​IMG]

Somebody gave me coordinates of very nice looking temple so decided to go and check it out. All of a sudden end of the road and had to board this river barge. That wasn't so much of an event compared to what happened next: monk appears out of nowhere, greets me and asks if he could take photo of my bike. I was really surprised but of course, told him to take as many pics as he likes. Had to catch this moment, took my compact camera out and snapped it out. He sure loves BMW: Ultimate Riding Machine :smile1:

[​IMG]

So here I am, in front of fabulous Wat Tha Sung or Crystal Temple. Unfortunately main hall was closed for some kind of renovation but still managed to snap few nice shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the way back again on river barge before proceeding to Lop Buri

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Nice one. That is quite a find..worth checking out.