Trip cut short due to vandalised bike .

Oct 17, 2006
I was on my way home from going to CM bike week already curtailed as my company called me to go to work next week .Iwas already at Kampang Phet when I got the call.
But I thought a nice side trip through Chaiyaphum on the 225 road and then down to Kao Yai on the 201 both great roads especially the 225 over the Mountains and then down to Nakon Nayok and pattaya .

However when I got to Kao Yai some idiot thai knocked my Ducati over with his Pickup up on the mountains in the car park and then fled the scene.

Not too much damage but the clutch is smashed beyond repair ..i thought I was stranded in the middle of the Jungle but decided to try and ride home 300kms with no clutch .. well i managed it but it was not fun .

jerry

Oct 17, 2006
Oh it was a nice 3 day run ...about 900 miles in total and the bike ran sweetly ,I am off to YUK on Tuesday for 4 weeks work in the North Atlantic,and another week visiting mum and dad and buying bike parts.so should be back about the 18th of January ,.

jerry

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Monsterman
Sorry to hear about the bike & that you could not make it up to Chiang Mai.
At least you now know you can ride the Duke without a clutch.
I once snapped a clutch cable on the Africa Twin on R13 70 kms north of Vientiane kept going & managed to get within 2 kms on my hotel before a red light got me in 5PM peak hour traffic & I could not do a U-turn or run the red light. Stalled it & never quite got it going again. Walked the last 2kms fully kitted up & loaded bike to the hotel - was not feeling exceptionally cheery when I checked into the hotel. :oops:

Oct 17, 2006
I tried stopping on inclines so a rolling start was easy but a couple of time I had to push it up to about 5 kph and then jump on ,very jerky and nerve wracking .Once on the go up shifts were fairly easy ,downshifting required tact and careful matching of revs ,neural was easy to engage.

At leas I got home OK .

1Duc

Nov 23, 2008
Monsterman- we met briefly at Bang Saen - I have the Gray GT. Sorry to hear about this, glad you made it back. What do we have to do, pack orange cones to put around the bikes now? And WTF is with hit and runs here???? :x

Oct 17, 2006
Buy a Harley. the Thais never mess with Harleys .

But I have owned 9 HDs and am bored with them so its Ducati, Buell, Triumph noow.