Trip Report and Tips Mae Hong Song Loop

Jan 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I recently traveled Southeast Asia for a year and during that trip I did quite a bit of riding. One of my first tours was the Mae Hong Song Loop which took me about 7 days. I started in Chiang Mai and went clockwise which, in my opinion, is the right thing to do. It was an awesome adventure and I can't thank the guys from GT Rider enough for their map. I bought it in a bookshop in Chiang Mai and it was so helpful.

Looking back, I wish I would have had more time. 7 days was by far not enough. There is so much to see, especially if you venture off the main route.

Anyways, if you guys are interested, check my comprehensive article about it. I posted also a lot of pitctures to give you an idea of what to expect.

http://escapology.eu/2013/01/27/the-mae-hong-song-loop-a-road-trip-through-thailands-remote-north-west/

Thanks again GT Rider for putting all the work into this. Cheers, Philipp from Germany

Jan 14, 2015
Hi Jack, glad you liked it. It's a great trip with so many options to go exploring..just make sure to take enough time. Nothing worse than being in a rush ;)

Jan 14, 2015
Davidfl;303765 wrote: Thanks for the kudos. Glad you had a good trip.

I really liked these two pics
Hi David, the temple at Mae Hong Song at sunrise is an amazing sight. Tere were ony two more foreigenrs present and a few locals. Super nice. Well, the Karen longneck village was another story. I was really hesitant about going but then decided to see for myself. I was there in the late afternoon and it was one of the more remote village which usually doesn't see as many tour groups. But even though I was the only tourist present, it was sort of strange. Also the fact that they charge an entrance fee which I am sure doesn't benefit the community as much. Oh well.... Have you been there?