TSM 11.1 Cdg guide features

Discussion in 'GPS Use, Tracks & Maps Discussion' started by wimpy, May 4, 2011.

1. wimpy

wimpy Ol'Timer

In TSM version 11.1 I noticed there are Cdg guide features.

For instance, take a look at Nantha buri national park N19 07.985 E100 38.928 in addition to the national park feature, there is a Cdg guide feature.

What is this and what does it do?
  2. Loading...

3. beddhist

beddhist Ol'Timer

I am intrigued by this. It seems that this is a feature of the ESRI map that the company doesn't advertise, at least not in English. The only reference I could find is this: http://www.gpssociety.com/Main/_En/Event_Detail.aspx?EvP_id=56 (The site seems to automatically redirect to the home page. You may have to re-enter the link and then click the English flag.)

On your GPS try to select the POI and display its properties.
  4. wimpy

wimpy Ol'Timer

The properties for the normal POI looks like this:

The properties for the Cdg guide feature looks like this:

So far, I haven't found any use for the Cdg guide feature - on a 60CSx anyway.
  5. beddhist

beddhist Ol'Timer

No Wimpy,

The 1st screen are waypoint properties, i.e. you created a waypoint from a POI.

I think this is some kind of travel guide, but as I said, it's an ESRI trade secret, it seems. ;)

Just like the other advanced features, like Junction View and Lane Assist I expect them to work only on newer models, like Nuvi, Zumo, etc.

Why don't you ask ESRI? You paid for it.