Video/Photography Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Bkk848SF, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

Hi all,

I did a search for an all encompassing thread for those of us into the the pictorial recording of our bike trips and could not find one. I am interested in hearing what you all have to say when it comes to the equipment you are using to take video and pics. In addition to that I would like to know your techniques such as video camera placement on the the bike, still camera lens/filter combinations for different situations and editing software for both. There are several gifted photographers on this forum and would like your imput as I am just getting started.

Also unless the admin have objections, I would like to see some of your work posted here even if it has nothing to do with motorcycles. If you could include info such as manual/auto settings, lens/filter and/or any effects used it would be helpful.

2. Loading...

3. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

I will start this off I guess. I am currently running a pair of Gopro HD cameras. I fix one to my helmet and the other to my bike in different locations. I am currently set up to shoot from the forks but have not found a good place for the camera to mount looking back from the bike. I have a suction mount That I will start messing with next month when I am back in Thailand. I dont have any editing software right now so anybody with any suggestion would help.

For the stills I have a Sony Alpha Nex7 on its way to me right now. I will be running the stock 18-55mm zoom and also a macro.

I look forward to posting some of the results of my attempts next month.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

5. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

Thanks Tony. I was searching for Video and photography and not coming up with much. Thanks for sharing. That lap looked like fun. What is your favorite track in the Bkk area?

6. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

That lap was super-slow as my brakes were failing. Still fun though!

If I had to choose one track I'd probably say Thailand Circuit is my favorite, with Kaeng Krachan a close second.

Ride On!

Tony :)
  7. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

Great stuff Tony. I look forward to checking out some of the tracks around bkk next month.

8. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Just stumbled across this tripod gadget for cameras & reckon that it has to be a winner for some of us bikers, or the "disabled" like me with one wonky arm.

The website: Fotopro

Supposedly available in Thailand from
    Infinity Plus Trading
    1/19 Soi Supapong,Srinakarin Rd Nongbon, Pravert, Bangkok, Thailand 10250
    Tel: 6681-822-55-77
  9. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

Nice Dave. I will have to get me one of those!
  10. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Checked & no stock in the country yet, but supposedly they are ordering & will let me know.