Vietnam possibilities......

Sep 14, 2007
Hi David,

I just dropped Helge an e-mail. Be nice to grab a beer with him if he is hitting Bangkok. I am taking my HP2 down to Singapore in the next week or so as I think my LR Tank should be there next week. Did you manage to get any better insights into Vietnam???

Regards

Harry

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by Harry Sheene

Hi David,
I just dropped Helge an e-mail. Be nice to grab a beer with him if he is hitting Bangkok. I am taking my HP2 down to Singapore in the next week or so as I think my LR Tank should be there next week. Did you manage to get any better insights into Vietnam???
Regards
Harry

Never saw Helge or spoke to him. Just a short email.
You get the distinct impression these guys are on a mission & don't need local input, or maybe they think they have what they need already.
If you've followed their route & log, these guys don't have time to scratch themselves, so nailing them for a beer & biker friendly chat is probably not on their list of priorities.
But I don't doubt they will come up a superb DVD of the trip & attract heaps of paying customers.

Check out their travel journal - entering Vietnam did not work out very well. Delayed 2 or 3 days & undoubtedly very costly.
Then entering Laos, the border crosing they used did not have Laos visa on arrival, so they had to wait again while visas came from Hanoi. They also used a Nelles map for Laos, which wouldn't help you find your way out of a wet paper bag.
It all goes to make a good story & great adventure ride.
Good on them!