Virago rear shocks

katana

Oct 6, 2007
Hey all.

I have a Virago 400 with twin rear shocks. They are getting a little old and I want to service/ replace them.

Can they be serviced ?

Any idea where I can get some in Chiang Mai or online in Thailand ?

Thanks Mark

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I recommend "Pang Shop" Suchat Kultipun 081-5951143 Thai Speaking only. Turn into Racha Uthit Rd off Chiangmai - Lampun Rd. Then Turn left into Soi 2. opposite the Gymkhana Golfclub. It is a Small Shop under the "Apichat Apartments" A bit difficult to find but worth it.
I had him rebuild the Back Shock on one of my Pantera's and also stiffened up the Front Forks on all 9 of them. I then took my Yamaha TTR there as it was getting pretty Soft and Floaty, he stiffened up the Front a little and Rebuilt the Back Shock on that as well. I was a bit worried as this has a Nitrogen Filled Remote Reservoir but he assured me he fills it with Nitrogen and the end Result was Great. Typical Thai Style shop, "Rough as Guts" crap everywhere but seems to get the Job done. Normally done in a Day. Good Luck.

katana

Oct 6, 2007
Thanks.

Yes he is able to redo them @ 800 each.

I also have a v twin 250cc out of the spada that needs the cam redone. He seems to know his way around bikes.

It's quite easy to find as he has a large sign on the entrance to soi 2 and one at the entrace to the appartments.

If ya come up to Pirates cove I'll buy ya a beer.

Thanks Mark