Wanted - DRZ400 dirt wheels.

Mar 11, 2008
Want to have dirt wheels for a SM version.

Obviously I need, rims, hubs, tyres, large rotor brake, sproket, the works.. But if anyone has any part of the puzzle I am interested. I realize the chances of the whole lot falling into my lap are slim.

Alternatively and clues on sourcing these parts aftermarket / new ?? I want them but am a notorious cheap bugger, and have patience / time to wait.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
LivinLOS;265570 wrote: Want to have dirt wheels for a SM version.

Obviously I need, rims, hubs, tyres, large rotor brake, sproket, the works.. But if anyone has any part of the puzzle I am interested. I realize the chances of the whole lot falling into my lap are slim.

Alternatively and clues on sourcing these parts aftermarket / new ?? I want them but am a notorious cheap bugger, and have patience / time to wait.
They come up secondhand from time to time on the following site.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=67426&cat=31&date=1276992174

For new aftermarket, google up Warp9. They seem the cheapest

Mar 11, 2008
I missed a really decent set on ebay last night, powder coated excel rims, gold hubs, decent tyres, got outbid by 5 quid by someone using an auction sniper at the last second... Annoyed !! But they seem to be much cheaper in the UK than in the US for second hand and 3 sets have gone through in last 2 days. So am leaning to UK second hand right now.

The minor problem then is the added shipping which will be a good 7500 baht on top but thats just the way it is unless something turns up via mocyc or a Thai language dirt forum. I want to have a dirt setup for it so just have to make it happen and its still a lot cheaper than US priced warp 9 sets and shipping. Tho it doesnt have to happen this week.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Good info. I wrongly assumed the US would be the cheapest source.
Will also keep an eye on UK Ebay now.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
No worries. I have a couple of DRZ's with dirt wheels. If anything, I'd be interested in an additional set of SM wheels.

Mar 11, 2008
For some reason SM wheels seem to be WAY more expensive, I guess more guys want to go the other way.

Which is lucky for me, wasnt a conscious choice.