Wanted to buy: Nitron Shock for Versys

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Im interested in getting one of these rear shocks for my Versys.
http://www.nitron.co.uk/shop/product/1461/kawasaki-versys-650-06-12-ntr-track-shock-2-way

Kawasaki Versys 650 (06-12) - NTR Track Shock 2-Way

290049=15800-Nitron%20Shock.jpg

Totally dependable, fade resistant and hand built with ultra low friction components; the NTR Track shock is made to last. A piggyback or remote reservoir allows for simple, independent control of compression and rebound damping. Widely praised by journalists and revered in paddocks across Europe, North America and Japan.

· 2-way independent damping control
· 40mm damper piston
· 14mm piston rod
· Adjustable spring preload,li>
· Independent adjustable ride height
· Hydraulic preload option
· Remote or piggyback canister
· 24 click rebound adjustment
· 16 click compression adjustment
· Complete with Nitron spring
This shock has a remote reservoir that is mounted by a 360deg swivelling hose onto the main shock body and reservoir canister.
The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload c-spanner.

The price ex UK is 23,000 baht.
The quote from the BKk dealer is 33,000 baht. I don't want to pay this price.
Supposedly they are now made in Malaysia.
I have not been able to get any details for a Malaysian dealer, but I suspect the local price there should be acceptable.
If anyone in Malaysia or Singapore knows where - how to order one out of Malaysia/ Singapore please let me know. The UK HQ has not been very helpful.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
brake034;290050 wrote: David, did you consider an Ebay search? http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Kawasaki-Versys-650-Nitron-Track-Shock-Absorber-06-12-/181068293901?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2a2882e70d#ht_1684wt_1002

There is no freight to Thailand mentioned......
Freight & duty would kill a deal like that.
The price of the website is 524 UK pounds = 23-24,000 baht. The quote from the dealer in Bkk is 33,000 baht, but I understand the shock is made in Malaysia. If I could get it for 23,000 baht in Malaysia it is cheaper to fly down & back to pick it up. So for me something not quite right there.

Jul 8, 2011
Davidfl;290049 wrote: Im interested in getting one of these rear shocks for my Versys.
http://www.nitron.co.uk/shop/product/1461/kawasaki-versys-650-06-12-ntr-track-shock-2-way

Kawasaki Versys 650 (06-12) - NTR Track Shock 2-Way

290049=15800-Nitron%20Shock.jpg

Totally dependable, fade resistant and hand built with ultra low friction components; the NTR Track shock is made to last. A piggyback or remote reservoir allows for simple, independent control of compression and rebound damping. Widely praised by journalists and revered in paddocks across Europe, North America and Japan.

· 2-way independent damping control
· 40mm damper piston
· 14mm piston rod
· Adjustable spring preload,li>
· Independent adjustable ride height
· Hydraulic preload option
· Remote or piggyback canister
· 24 click rebound adjustment
· 16 click compression adjustment
· Complete with Nitron spring
This shock has a remote reservoir that is mounted by a 360deg swivelling hose onto the main shock body and reservoir canister.
The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload c-spanner.

The price ex UK is 23,000 baht.
The quote from the BKk dealer is 33,000 baht. I don't want to pay this price.
Supposedly they are now made in Malaysia.
I have not been able to get any details for a Malaysian dealer, but I suspect the local price there should be acceptable.
If anyone in Malaysia or Singapore knows where - how to order one out of Malaysia/ Singapore please let me know. The UK HQ has not been very helpful.

You can buy an Ohlins for the Versys for THB 26,000 from Dirtshop in Bangkok. They are the dealer, carry a large stock and can do maintenance.

Just a thought (that's what I did when I had a Versys, worked really well).

Again, I am not trying to promote Dirtshop, hardly know the guys, just something to consider.

muzza

Apr 24, 2006
if you order from uk then you dont have to pay the VAT of 20% so that will probably cover the duty , just a thought.

I got a nitron shock for my er6 a few years ago and the quality was great , it took about a month to get it made though.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Some progress in reply from Malaysia at last.

My name is TL from Nitron Asia. Sorry for all the confusion that we had earlier. I would like to assist with your order.

The available product range for your Kawasaki Versys 650 2012 is listed below:

NTR Sport (NTBKK26S)
Price: MYR 2,050

NTR Track (NTBKK26T)
Price: MYR 2,660

NTR Race (NTBKK26R)
Price: MYR 2,985

Optional Hydraulic Preload Adjuster (HPA): MYR 750

*Please note that the total cost of the shock is excluded with 3.4% + MYR 2 for Paypal transaction fee.
Muzza where did you get your shock from?

I also received this in an earlier email

I understand that you looking for Nitron Shock for Versy 650,
Nitron is assemble at Malaysia for the region Market only,
UK hq still making most of the shock and
Japan Nitron assemble for Japan market only,
all the parts are still make in UK.
now we know.
I'm looking forward to getting the shock

290780=16011-Nitron%20Shock.jpg

provided the total price is reasonable.
Stay tuned, but with the factory next door in Malaysia service & rebuilds should not be a problem.

Feb 5, 2007
It is more than simply buying a "versys" shock

At this price level you deserve to get a shock valved to suit your weight, bike loaded weight, riding style and road conditions
The spring also needs to take these factors into consideration

Nitron is very good kit but if the seller is not asking these questions I would press the issue, and failing a suitable answer buy elsewhere. Nitron perhaps but from a Seller that knows suspension setup and not just a parts flogger

Maxton asks all these questions as does Racetech
Hyperpro does not
Draw your own conclusions

May 27, 2009
yes good info there.If you buy this nitron shock through the Uk it will be built to your specs specifically for you.you can even put a black spring on in place of that blue if ya wanted.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hoghead;290796 wrote: It is more than simply buying a "versys" shock

At this price level you deserve to get a shock valved to suit your weight, bike loaded weight, riding style and road conditions
The spring also needs to take these factors into consideration

Nitron is very good kit but if the seller is not asking these questions I would press the issue, and failing a suitable answer buy elsewhere. Nitron perhaps but from a Seller that knows suspension setup and not just a parts flogger

Maxton asks all these questions as does Racetech
Hyperpro does not
Draw your own conclusions
Indeed Nitron in Malaysia have asked for my weight, kitted up, plus preferred riding set up. = for me bumpy twisting rural back roads e.g. the Mae Hong Son Loop & R13 North in Laos. The main highways I can handle.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Edging closer..

We will be more than happy to build the shock and allow self collection in you're free time.
Since you will be collecting the shock from Malaysia, you could also pay by cash in person, hence without the need to pay for the paypal transaction fee. However, this is up to your individual payment option.

The shock absorber will comes in 2 years warranty.

Customer Order:
Kawasaki Versys 650 2012
NTBKK 26T
Type: Hose Remote Reservoir Type
Price: MYR 2,660

Would it be possible for you to provide me your weight and any pillion weight (if applicable) or luggages?

The hydraulic preload adjuster (HPA) is an optional choice for customer. It allows for simple and immediate adjustment of preload without the need for any tools.
This system eliminates the time and effort usually associated with dynamic changes in the motorcycles attitude when adapting to ride with a pillion or luggage.
It features 50 clicks of fine adjustment and cost only MYR 750. If you would like your shock to comes with the HPA, please let me know.
I won't be going the whole hog with the optional Hydraulic Preload Adjuster for MYR $750.

Some pix from Nitron Malaysia with their Versys shocks

290806=16014-M2.jpg

290806=16015-M11.jpg

290806=16016-versys1.jpg

290806=16017-versys3.jpg

Aug 29, 2011
Keep going David, Nitron shocks are a very overlooked unknown mid-priced shock outside of the UK. In performance & build quality comparison Hyperpro & YSS don't even come close for the same money!! :cool:

But it might be worth paying the extra bit of money for a different spring color!! That light blue isn't to my taste :thumbdown:

Aug 13, 2009
Will U travel down by bike to pick it. I'm currently considering to change the rear shock for my GSA 1150. Will try to find out stock and price with Nitro Malaysia.

Oct 17, 2006
Highly rated in UK BUT THE BLUE SICKY COLOUR is the only option yukky aint it ..... so i went for ohlins on one of my bikes and a custom SHOCK FACTORY unit on the another

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Almost there:

"Hi Mr. David Unkovich,

Just a quick update on your order. The shock is completely built, however, we recently just ran out of spring stock which your shock needed based on the weight you've provided us. Unfortunately, the shock will not be available for collection today. We are estimating the spring stock to arrive sometime between 1-2 weeks time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will keep you update once the spring arrived and ready for collection."
Plus they send pics of the shock, waiting for the BLUE spring.

291033=16116-Nitron1_resize.jpg

291033=16117-NItron2_resize.jpg

291033=16118-Nitron3_resize.jpg

291033=16119-Nitron4_resize.jpg

291033=16120-NItron5_resize.jpg

Thank you Nitron Malaysia.
http://www.nitron.co.uk/about

Dec 21, 2012
Be interested what you do with the front, the rear i can handle but the front is not happy on uneven roads, keep us posted.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
bsacbob;292423 wrote: Be interested what you do with the front, the rear i can handle but the front is not happy on uneven roads, keep us posted.
Bob
I think the way to go is

1. Versys fork revalve

then once that is done
2. get some new springs, not sure what brand yet, but I will consult with Walter,
http://www.suspensionshop.org/index.php

the best suspension guy I know - how to set up your bike
http://www.suspensionshop.org/tech_suspension_setup.php

3. Fit the fork valves....whatever Walter recommends.
http://www.suspensionshop.org/promax-pd-valves.php

When & If I eventually get it all done I will report back & let you know.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
Roberts pretty clued up on this, keep me posted cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Wald0

Sep 7, 2013
Davidfl;292624 wrote: Just a heads up to say that the Nitron shock is an absolute winner.
Tweaking my Versys
I think i will be ordering one for my bike from wemoto.com as they will deliver to Vietnam.
I was thinking to order shock to Finland but no one was coming to Vietnam anytime soon so i have abandoned this idea :(

Good thing is that wemoto will deduct local VAT.. but it still leaves me 30+10% tax to pay.. but they might but lower amount in the invoice......

Last edited by a moderator:

Wald0

Sep 7, 2013
I'm Thinking to get Nitron shock (sport) also but to order from Wemoto.com as they deduct VAT and (er6n) total price with shipping will be 444eur what is little cheaper than offer what i got from Nitron Malaysia 520eur if somebody would pick it up from Malaysia and took it to Bangkok (as i will be in bangkok in end of november)
It might be different story as now i´m waiting to get hit by 40% of tax :(( or if i could just order it to Europe and get somebody bring it to
Vietnam or in Bangkok before end of november as then price would be also 444eur but no customs at all.

Dec 21, 2012
They are a great company used them many times I am sure they will if you ask

Wald0

Sep 7, 2013
bsacbob;292860 wrote: They are a great company used them many times I am sure they will if you ask

Double post! And I thought first did not go..
Just ordered it from wemoto they say it will take 20days to make and 2 weeks to deliver, that's fine I just hope invoice price is low but not too low that they get intrested too much.

Cant wait to get it!!

May 27, 2009
I just got my nitron from a mate that bought it back from the uk for me,that will eventually go on a small racebike project.This one has the black spring which is actually more of a black/titanium colour.Anyway I agree with david on this,the quality looks very high and surpasses any of the ohlins stuff ive had in the looks department anyway.Looking forward to testing it and hope its as good as it looks.cheers Greg
http://s981.photobucket.com/user/crowster69/media/20130910_084914_zps965dcc79.jpg.html