Wat Ban Lau Kut

Discussion in 'North-East Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by gerhardveer, Apr 8, 2013.

1. gerhardveer

gerhardveer Ol'Timer

Frangipani-variations - flower-beauties

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two colours on one tree

[​IMG]

decorative

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. gerhardveer

gerhardveer Ol'Timer

hidden places and mini-djungles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gerhardveer

gerhardveer Ol'Timer

old wood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gerhardveer

gerhardveer Ol'Timer

Where? Highway 23 Roi Et to Maha Sarakam about 15km after crossroads 23 / Bypass 232 - left on 2387 12km more on the right side
    GPS N 16°01'08.6" E 103°28'00.8"

That tempel I found like many other things when passing with the bike - I like to do short trips around Roi Et. Built with reddish artificial stones which look a little bit like the volcanic stones antic prasats are made from it's completely different to "normal" white-red-golden Wats. The main reason because I love that place is the passion of the abbot for old tree roots and trunks as well as for the Frangipani temple trees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumeria ). He has an impressive collection of those beauties - on the tree trunks are growing a lot of different orchids and what concerns the Frangipani: the monks breed themselves a lot of different races of those wonderful trees and engraft them so that some of the trees have flowers with different colours...

red stones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jsbkk

jsbkk Ol'Timer

Absolutely stunning pictures. Would be great know camera, lens and exposure details for learners like me. Thanks.

7. gerhardveer

gerhardveer Ol'Timer

Exposure details will be difficult for such a lot of pics! But so far: normally I use the AF-mode with wide open to middle aperture ( f 4 till 8 ) and mostly tele-lens. It depends not first from the camera but from you and what you do. A simple to middleclass SLR and not too cheap lens can already bring very good results.;)

What concerns me: I started photographing when I was ten years old - july I'll gonna be 63 :smile1::mad: ! So I afforded some nice toys - my cams are fullsized CANON EOS 5D II and EOS 1Ds III / the lenses are mainly CANON L zoomlenses from 12 up to 400mm and two Makrolenses 50 and 100mm. Mostly I use the CANON 70-300 L IS USM......................

All pics are taken in RAW and finished with Adobe Photoshop CS 5 - the optimal outcut is also done there ( have enough resolution with 21 MP :p )

More questions ?
    ASK!!! [​IMG]

8. jsbkk

jsbkk Ol'Timer

Yes, that would be lot. I know that if the EXIF info is retained after post-production, bulk watermark printing on pictures is possible by freely available software.

Thanks! That explains it all! :clap: