Weird noise when riding my Versys, chain?

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
"If any thing is made in Thailand its rubbish"

Versys and other Kawasakis aren't rubbish, Triumph Bonneville isn't rubbish, Ducati Monster isn't rubbish, Shark helmets aren't rubbish, Thai made cars aren't rubbish, Starboard windsurfs and surfboards aren't rubbish, Suzuki outboards aren't rubbish......

Just to point out your statement isn't entirely true :)

Mar 4, 2011
Which of those is Thai.
Wake up all you mentioned are Japanese and Europe brands not Thai they are put together in Thailand not Thai made.
Try Real Helmets a Thai brand Thai made motorbike chains shoes shirts Thai brands.
They are rubbish.
When was a Triumph a Thai Bike I must tell my English friends they will get a laugh from you.
Must tell my Italian mate Ducati is a Thai Motorcycle.

Thanks for the Laugh of your post it has made many people laugh.
Happy Biking on your Thai bike.
I'm sorry what was the Thai bike called again ?:happy4:

Nov 21, 2010
Thai "made" products like the Kawasaki Versys or Toyota Hilux Vigo are put together in Thailand from mostly parts that are MADE in Thailand. So yes I would stamp them "made in Thailand", although of course they are not designed in Thailand. Of course there is a big difference in QC and QD and in that I would not trust any Thai company.

Are there actually still products made in Europe? And Japan is also on the rapid-express train of outsourcing.

Chang Noi

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
"Which of those is Thai."

Ehhh... all of them, made in Thailand with Thai made parts, even if the brands aren't Thai (neither of which is DID, which you were talking about in the first place).

Mar 4, 2011
OK I will leave it at this but with your way of thinking APPLE the biggest brand name in the world and the richest company in the world is not American according to you as its products are made in China so APPLE MUST BE CHINESE.
You can now explain to every one that APPLE is now Chinese not American the richest company on the AMERICAN stock market of all time.

Back to chains I use RK chains and buy them when I am in Australia.
They have been good to me and I would recommend them.
If one in Australia ever breaks they will give you new one.
Like David says he swears by Super Sprockets and I would be more than happy to use them and as David and I both use Scot Oilers this is about all you can do to look after your chain.

I have worked in the Motorcycle industry for 20 years in both the UK and Australia and would have done well over 1 million ks in that time on many different bikes so I don't speak as a novice as I have made my living out of motorcycles.
With motorbikes we all like different bikes and different products and different helmets different tyres something that suits one person may not suit another.
I obviously speak on things I use and trust and I want to see every one get the best out of their motorcycle and not be stranded some where broken down with out help.
So maintenance of your chains and sprockets is right up there what ever you use and if you want to use DID its up to you but I personally will not buy them if I can help it but if you do the best thing you can do is keep it well oiled and adjust when needed.

Happy safe Biking.

Feb 5, 2007
In Canada now and just bought a Supersprox 520 conversion kit using awith a 44 rear for my Versys. Supersprox has a lifetime guarante and is an aluminium centre and steel outer.
I think that this slightly different rear will give me the gearing I want
Cost 213.00 USD

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
I didn't say they were Thai companies.......

I said they made products in Thailand using parts made In Thailand even if the company is from elsewhere, just like DID chains which you said were made in Thailand. I was just pointing out that not everything made in Thailand is rubbish.