What bike is this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by DavidFL, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Spotted in Hanoi a couple of weeks ago, & part of our ride Chiang Mai - Hanoi & return.

[​IMG]
    Hint, it's the one on the left & it was the size of the tyre that first caught our attention...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who said there were no big bikes in Hanoi?

For a trip report on the ride Chiang Mai Hanoi & back, go to the Vietnam Trip Reports Section.
    vietnam-f18.html

2. Loading...

3. SilverhawkUSA

SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

I didn't go in the shop with you guys and you didn't tell me about it, so I am going to spoil your fun and answer straight away :mrgreen: . :D

Traverston V-Rex. http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 75546.html

Now who can answer; What is it doing in Vietnam?

4. Steve Merchant

Steve Merchant Active Member

I'll try to answer that. Despite,or maybe because of their late development, the Vietnamese are passionate about one-up-man-ship, designer labels and status symbols. During recent work there I saw Rolls Royce's, Bentley's and Ferrari's. If you only have $50,000 to splash out on transport you are never going to cut it with a car. But this is novel, eye-catching and probably the only one in town, so far. Whatever turns you on!

5. SilverhawkUSA

SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

I would say that is a fair answer. I believe that trait is probably not limited to Vietnam, but has surfaced in most of SE Asia.