What bike(s) are you actually riding?

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
Here is the XR650R, added an edelbrock pumper carb, cut out the airbox and put a k&n filter, renthal wide bars with acerbis gaurds and an arrow slip on. Just fitted with new rubber and ready for a ride. Cheers.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Nov 7, 2007
Bert on the bike wrote: These are mine at this moment:

1.jpg

this is the one for driving in Bangkok
Hi bert,

i noticed you got a tiger boxer here...i got the Tiger Boxer 250RS but is the one you got the 200cc Boxer? If so, i am surprised to see discbrake on the rear ...i thought the 200 boxer had drum on the back?? I also like your mudguard....where did you get them from?

Here some pics of my Boxer

4089185756_f1cd3e808b.jpg

4089143348_b869528b4e.jpg

sometimes i use the topbox....but i prefer it without..
4094568525_444ba3a4dd.jpg

4095483270_ff3d282edc.jpg

happy trails,

mbox

Jul 9, 2009
Mike. That is a beauty. My first bike was an NSR 150. I think they are probably the most under appreciated bike in Thailand. Dirt cheap, reliable, easy to fix and shockingly fast. You just can't compare two stroke to four. I think I surprised a number of CBR 150 riders at stop lights, slow off the line but once you hit the power band at 8000 rpm it would just take off like a rocket and fly by the CBRs. For the money, I would rather have a nsr any day of the week. What is riding the 250 like? I seen in the photo you are riding with a Hayabusa??? and a couple of other very big and very expensive bikes. You give them a run for the money on the light nimble little NSR? Not to mention that you could probably have 30 of them for the price of a Hayabusa here :lol:

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Lotus...,

I haven't been out for a while. I usually get asked/told to ride at the back. :oops: Something to do with smoke. :lol: Although there have been instances where I was told that following X's oil burning 4-stroke is worse than following me. Actually being at the back and keeping up is more fun than being at the front.

In Khao Yai where that picture was taken my bike is Ok in the twisty bits but all the others can go by when the straights get longer.

It is the rider not the bike. I traded once with a friend on an SP-1 near Nam Nao. On my bike he still disappeared with the quicker riders and left me with the more sedate ones. But it is work and after a while he asked for his bike back :eek:

As you will know when cruising back to BKK on Hwy 2 it is best not to look at the tach :lol: it's a bit like riding a chainsaw.

Oct 5, 2007
Hi bert,

i noticed you got a tiger boxer here...i got the Tiger Boxer 250RS but is the one you got the 200cc Boxer? If so, i am surprised to see discbrake on the rear ...i thought the 200 boxer had drum on the back?? I also like your mudguard....where did you get them from?

Hi MBOX999

You are right, it is a 200cc boxer. I bought it directly from tiger through the management (are they now in jail???). It is the same as the police is driving with an additional oil cooler for additional performance and hand guards to bounce of the cars instead of getting clipped (no mud guard though, it is not suitable for off road). The disk breaks were extra as well and makes it break real good.

I drove 1500 km on it and it is a really good bike for the city, I drove it every day. It will be for sale soon since I will be in Rayong for the next 2 years and my new 800 GS is perfect for there.

Will miss her though, nice bike, reliable and very easy to drive. Tigers seem to become more and more popular.

Dec 16, 2009
Hi all! Nice to see many lovely bikes.
Here's my rented Kawasaki D-Tracler in a recent short ride to Pai with my fiancee.
IMG_0700.jpg

Bike was low on power but fun to ride.
Not keen to turn when on power. Probably due to a lot of weight on the back?

Back home, my ride is a 2001 Suzuki DRZ400E.
Built up a set of supermotard wheels so I have the versatility of riding off and onroad. I love the SM trim and have not used the offroad wheels in years! Bike is currently in a few pieces as it goes through a bit of service/maintenance work. Here's a picture when it was first converted a few years back.
motard_right.jpg

It's got an Ohlins fork, Hotcams, JD jetting kit, etc The law here is not very forgiving to aftermarket exhaust systems. The available street legal exhaust systems here are not cheap and offer little power gains hence I chose to run the stock exhaust. I hope to install the full SSW conversion before exporting it to Thailand. Hope I don't don't face any hiccups here.

The DRZ is a highly reliable bike. I used it for heavy commuting for about 6years. In stock trim, it has plenty of torque but signs off early on the top end. Hotcams solves that :)

Nice to see some DRZ riders here. I was priveleged to befriend pee recently and hope to hook up with you guys sometime soon.

Reactions: Fatmama

stubzi

May 10, 2009
Here's my Phuket run around, Honda CB400SS, great fun and very economical.

008.jpg

010.jpg

And my pride and joy Bonneville T100 used for touring the South of Thailand so far but hopefully heading North later in the year.

011.jpg

stubzi

May 10, 2009
A ride from Phuket to Nakhon Si Thammarat. Don Sak to Surat Thani and back to Phuket with a HD Street Rod for company,
006.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

Nov 7, 2007
Bert on the bike wrote:
Hi bert,

Hi MBOX999

You are right, it is a 200cc boxer. I bought it directly from tiger through the management (are they now in jail???). It is the same as the police is driving with an additional oil cooler for additional performance and hand guards to bounce of the cars instead of getting clipped (no mud guard though, it is not suitable for off road). The disk breaks were extra as well and makes it break real good.

I drove 1500 km on it and it is a really good bike for the city, I drove it every day. It will be for sale soon since I will be in Rayong for the next 2 years and my new 800 GS is perfect for there.

Will miss her though, nice bike, reliable and very easy to drive. Tigers seem to become more and more popular.
Hi Bert. Not sure why you stated if they(Tigers Management) are in jail??? I am in regular contact with Tiger and nothing they have done wrong so why should they be in jail? My Boxer 250RS done 10000 km and no problems .... hope they come up with some other models too maybe with larger cc engines. I am recommending an " Asian Twin" :)
happy trails, mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Hi there,

I got myself in addition to my Boxer 250RS a "old" Bike which got all it's legal paperwork right ( 100% clean green Book with all nr's matching) . It's an Yamaha Virago XV 750.
This Bike was also asked for by my Wife as i had one a few years back ( the 400 cc version,and no book) but i mentioned if i get a Virago again it has to be a 750 cc and has to have a green book too. I found this on mocyc.com and the seller lives actually nearby too. So here is my new "old" bike . All seem to work fine but it is a bit "thai'ed" so some works here & there are coming but basically all works right now just some "cosmetic & optical changes should be done ( ie. yamaha logo on tank,console...)

Will keep you updated how things go...here some pics with the saddlebags and tankbag mounted.

Happy trails,

mbox

4371408579_19d031e054_b.jpg

4372158606_c4086240ca_b.jpg

4371409477_d6a6e8ac18_b.jpg

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Well, I guess it's time for me, GT-Riders relative rookie rider, to post
pix of his steeds. Steeds? Well, I think I may be better at riding on horses than motorcycles, but I'm learning.

Honda Dream II: When I bought this moto 8 years ago for 8k-Bt, it was then rusted junk. I didn't want a new bike which the kamoy's might like. For mere 4K-Bt my local moto shop put on a new faring, installed new brakes, rim/spokes/hubs, tires/tubes battery, clutch, and upgraded the engine from 100 to 125cc. It's now 17-years old and has been my totally reliable around town transportation.
Honda.jpg

My first motorcycle ever was this Suzuki 250 XC Djebel, bought in Dec 2006. I've taken it throughout Cambodia, Issan and as far as through Laos to the Chinese border. Other than normal maintenance, the only thing ever needing replacing was a worn cam timing chain.
Djebel-1.jpg

Djebel.jpg

The Djebel saddle causes butt bunions and it's dirt-bike gearing makes tarmac trips a chore, so I needed a road bike. Franz was instrumental in my buying this F650GS, last April. I've no regrets, but am still not use to it's heavy weight, and lack of nimbleness compared to the Djebel, but none-the-less it's now a dream riding the paved roads. And, no butt bunions, too ;-)
BMW.jpg

Snail

Subscribed
Nov 2, 2005
Cnx
Sadly not living in LOS anymore and managed to survive 4 months (since my last LOS visit) without a bike here in Oz. Looked at a KTM690SMC but just too ugly and a bit slow for the roads and distances here. As luck would have it I stumbled upon a 2007 Hypermotard 1100 :crazy:
Bought it last week after playing the waiting game as the guy was desperate to sell it so managed to pick it up for 295,000 baht.
Sadly, here is such a nanny state you're not even allowed to fart without paying emission tax and the road rules/laws are even more draconic! But never mind, just have to enjoy it before they take my license off me!!
Newbike.jpg

Yes officer these are standard pipes made in Italy just like the bike!
P1020123.jpg

Dec 27, 2007
Fun thread :happy5:
Here's what I've got in my stable at the moment-
TigerNinjaGixxerSm.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6
Kawasaki Ninja 650R
and a Tiger Retro with Sidecar :mrgreen:

The Gixxer makes the Ninja 650R a bit redundant so I'm trying to find a 2009 ER6n to turn into a go-anywhere bike like my old ER6-
092609Er6n1Sm.jpg

Would be wonderful if the rumors about the Kawasaki Versys come true- the Versys is an ER6 in stilts and would be a great bike to have in SE Asia.

Happy Trails!

Tony

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Snail wrote: Sadly not living in LOS anymore and managed to survive 4 months (since my last LOS visit) without a bike here in Oz. Looked at a KTM690SMC but just too ugly and a bit slow for the roads and distances here. As luck would have it I stumbled upon a 2007 Hypermotard 1100 :crazy:
Bought it last week after playing the waiting game as the guy was desperate to sell it so managed to pick it up for 295,000 baht.
Sadly, here is such a nanny state you're not even allowed to fart without paying emission tax and the road rules/laws are even more draconic! But never mind, just have to enjoy it before they take my license off me!!
Newbike.jpg

Yes officer these are standard pipes made in Italy just like the bike!
P1020123.jpg
And a bite more of the Snail's bike & that of my cousin "The Rabbit," temporary resident in Chiang Mai 20 years ago, where he met his wife living next door to my old shop The Library Service.
ducati-mustang.jpg

"The Rabbit" & his Mustang
greg-mustang.jpg

The Rabbit's Harley & Mustang
harley-mustang.jpg

Feb 23, 2003
Old stone reliable.After coming back home from a three thousand kilometer trip, my activities
consist of checking the oil, and removing my bag........

34786_484310378344_610023344_6524084_2263025_n.jpg

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
2004 Ducati 999S, ton of mods, ton of fun and great roads up north to have a ton of fun on.

Hope to catch up with some of you on the roads one day and don't worry, you'll hear me coming :wave:

DSC00959.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg
IMG_5733.jpg

Jul 6, 2004
Well I'd better add my 2 bobs worth in, now that I am residing in Chiang Mai.
I still have old Doris, she is a 2002 GS650 Dakar, has 80,000km up on her and has been from Sydney to the Chinese boarder once and is up in Chiang Mai seeking retirement all on illegal Aussy plates!

doris4.jpg

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

Not being yet full time in LOS, please find here after a small description of the bikes I used to drive when in Thailand:

IMG_1939-1.jpg

IMG00509-20100809-0717.jpg

A BMW 1200 GS Adventure, model 2009, aquired at BMW Dealer in Bangkok and equiped by my goodself with HID lights (high and low), Xenon fog lights, Akrapovic exhaust muffler, Garmin Zumo GPS, Yaesu UHF/VHF FTM-10 Ham radio, Yaesu external waterproof speaker, Touratech cigare light plugs, on board air compressor, 1000 watts DC/AC convertor, electronic high power sirena, Go-Pro Hero HD camera, Ipod output MP3, Optimate battery charger plug adaptor.
Of course, all electric accessories are connected to a Touratech DC distributor avoiding dashboard errors.

P1000232.jpg

A stock Suzuki 400 DRZ, model 2005, aquired at Red Baron not too much equiped (only a Touratech cigare light plug and Optimate battery charger plug adaptor) but giving a lot of fun every day -a very reliable bike-

IMAGE_111.jpg

39e42f16.jpg

A Ducati 1000 Monster S2R, model 2006, imported and clear by my goodself (of course with the great help of my belove Family) and specially tune by me.
The bike is fitted with the Termignoni Exhaust line system (with ECU and air filter), HID light, RapidBike modul, Ducati Performance clutch aloy clutch plate, stainless steel clutch plate springs, Rizoma accessories (Mirrors, belt housing, cluch cover... and of course an Optimate battery charger plug adaptor. In order to access the FI maps, I aquired a e-tuning bank from the US All this works perfectly.

IMG00391-20100718-1238.jpg

IMG00468-20100802-1653.jpg

A Tiger Retro 110 with sidecar which is my last aquisition at Tiger Bangkok, an every day pleasure to bring the children at beach or do some shopping downtown.

In France, where I leave most of the time I use to drive in town scooters (Vespa Piaggio and Gilera) as well as a Buell Lightning for the fun outside Paris. Personnally I have a passion for Italian bikes and I will report my visit to C R & S, ( http://www.crs-motorcycles.com/ ) you'll understand what's Italian bikes mean.

Feb 5, 2007
My latest ride:

[photobucket:3ln2a07q]http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/RobertStraghan/Royal%20Enfield%20Bullet%20500/[/photobucket:3ln2a07q]

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
Now that I have the FZ1 setup properly the poor FJR doesn't get much saddle time any more. Took some doing to get it right as its a pretty rough package out of the box with all the emissions and noise regs clogging it up. Yamaha did the best they could with the ECU mapping and EXUP, but it was still a poor fit and never worked well. Now it is as it should be and almost scares me its so bloody fast.

Mods include:

1. Power Commander V with custom tuninglink map
2. Ivan's subthrottle plates w/ BMC race filter
3. Ivan's AIS blockoffs
4. Ivan's FCE (fuel cut eliminator)
5. Full Yoshimura header with carbon R77 silencer (no baffle)
6. Yamaha touring seat
7. Graves fender eliminator
8. Evotech exhaust bracket (eliminated pillion footpegs)
9. Copperdawg's Fuza rear cowl
10. Zero Gravity dark smoke touring screen
11. Vista Cruise throttle lock
12. 12V outlet w/ Garmin GPS bracket

With some fuel tweaks, it's now putting down 149.2 HP to the wheel or about 175 at the crank. For a 440 pound street fighter, almost more than I can sanely use, but a fun little wheelie machine for sure.

FZ1035.jpg

FZ1Dyno_STD_061910.jpg