What bike(s) are you actually riding?

Jul 8, 2011
Franz;295127 wrote: Real clever/smart approach to this problem Nicky !! Rgds, FR
Thx franz. I owned 6 new bikes over the course of 4 years end every time I was dreaming about the new ones that came out. I own the Multi 6 months now and the bike amazes me every time I ride it. Incredible amount of power and comfort. I honestly couldn't think of anything better to buy.

So mission accomplished I guess. :happy4:

Dec 4, 2011
I've been riding a Versys from September 2012 till now.

001_02_zps1cb03525.jpg

and then a couple of weeks ago I got a 2002 Yamaha TDM900

006a_zpsccd522a9.jpg

Apr 7, 2014
Hey All, newbie here... No bike yet! I've only been to a couple places exploring, and the extreme changes in the riding surface I've seen make me want something on the order of a 900cc motocross bike... I've been a couple places on a Click that I would much rather have had some power and traction! I have to say though, I've seen some Locals do pretty amazing things on scooters, with three or four them on it.
So far the available bikes that have crossed my path have been nice ones, but I'm still not sure which is going to be the one. The 821 Hyper is pretty close, but I'm waiting to see what they find happened to the Diavel that crashed when the swing arm broke a few weeks back. The Agusta's are gorgeous, but not what I want, the 690 SMC is interesting though.. Open to suggestions? ...

Jun 12, 2014
I got my good ol' 2009 KLX 250 :)

Mods:
- tsukigi slip-on exhaust
- air box cover removal
- neutral toggle switch (de-restrict ECU)

Todo:
- o2 sensor eliminator with two 330 ohm resistors
- camshaft mod by Marcelino

klz250.jpg

Apr 7, 2014
Nice bike! I haven't overlooked the venerable KLX.. I'm starting to think that's probably one of the wisest choices due to the fact there's service for them just about everywhere, it seems. I know that doesn't guarantee help if you have a problem, but it ups the odds...

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
At my recent trip to Europe saw how my brother is working and doing all for his family so gave him the SR500 as a present as he likes to ride a bike slowly along our hilly surroundings. He wouldn't chip out neccessary funds to buy one himself as money more needed for his kiddos. For me the kickstart would have gotten too much after my health problems forced me to do a re-think, so would have sold her anyway but hey, we are family so I do not need funds from a possible Sale anyway................

But me to be without a bike is a thing that is unthinkable so my brothers neighbour had one for sale for a few Euro 2k and here she is:
Lighter than my belove FJR1300, dirtcheap, always in a garage and really cared for and finacially a steal, my new/old Suzuki GSX750F Tourer including 3 cases and only 27,500 kms on the clock.

GSX750Fleftside-sm_zpsed0a4ae0.jpg

These will be my 2 wheels in the EU for trips up to Scandinavia, the coastline of Croatia, the Swiss and French Alps, Scotland and Western Austria for the years to come.............:happy4:

Deano747

Subscribed
Aug 24, 2008
Retire in 3 weeks and got these as a little present to myself. 2014 BMW GSW & 2014 Ducati Monster 1200S.

In the throws of running them both in, wish the weather would warm up or even stop raining.....

14439473869_e436aa449c_o.jpg

:)

Nov 12, 2013
Deano747;300550 wrote: Retire in 3 weeks and got these as a little present to myself. 2014 BMW GSW & 2014 Ducati Monster 1200S.

In the throws of running them both in, wish the weather would warm up or even stop raining.....

:)
Well you will live in Melbourne!
I will retire from work in Australia about the same time.....will be buying bikes in Thailand though....

Dec 1, 2013
Hi guys love mc exploring so when I'm in Thailand between October and February I ride my Honda CRF250L
IMG_1057Dharmasala2014-L.jpg

and when I'm back in Aus and not working I ride my BMW F800gsa (currently 4 Sale buying a KTM690 Enduro R)
IMG_0575-L.jpg

Sep 7, 2014
Sig2014Aug.jpg

I was Ricohoc in my past life here. Hope to find more cruiser/touring participation and information his go-round. :D I plan to contribute more than my share of trip info on cities, accommodations, "entertainment" and big bike accessories and parts.

Don't ask me anything about camping out or trails or off-road riding. I've never done it anywhere in the world. I've always been a touring cruiser. I ride year-round, don't have to work and don't have any hindrances at home keeping me from hitting the road any time. If you're looking for a touring cruiser to keep you company, I'm game for just about anyplace north of Phuket. Not too fond of the IEDs south of there, and I try to improve my odds of survival by staying away.

Glad to be back.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Star Rider;301418 wrote:
Sig2014Aug.jpg

I was Ricohoc in my past life here. Hope to find more cruiser/touring participation and information his go-round. :D I plan to contribute more than my share of trip info on cities, accommodations, "entertainment" and big bike accessories and parts.

Don't ask me anything about camping out or trails or off-road riding. I've never done it anywhere in the world. I've always been a touring cruiser. I ride year-round, don't have to work and don't have any hindrances at home keeping me from hitting the road any time. If you're looking for a touring cruiser to keep you company, I'm game for just about anyplace north of Phuket. Not too fond of the IEDs south of there, and I try to improve my odds of survival by staying away.

Glad to be back.
Nice intro, if you've got any road & trip reports with a few photos from your any of year round rides to share that would be cool; as I'm sure they are other "cruiser riders" out there who'd be genuinely interested.

Sep 7, 2014
Davidfl;301437 wrote: Nice intro, if you've got any road & trip reports with a few photos from your any of year round rides to share that would be cool; as I'm sure they are other "cruiser riders" out there who'd be genuinely interested.
Thanks, David.

Always like to share good and bad experiences on my trips -- road conditions, accommodations, etc. Also make a habit of sharing parts and accessories experiences. I remember how it was when I got here and couldn't find a damn thing anywhere.

Not much for pictures. For some reason, it never occurs to me unless there is some pressing importance for documentation of something.

r136dg

May 30, 2014
DSC_0017_zps2412bca1.jpg

Ergonomics. I can sit on this for a 14 hour day no problem & can carry a bunch of gear. Loads of torque & a bit of HP to boot. She sings nice also!

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
After having made some changes to my current bikes in the garage a small foto update as to what I currently ride:

FRbikes261114-1sm_zpsd56dbeb7.jpg

Yamaha FZ6, Tmax500 and Suzuki DR650RE here in LOS

GSX750Fleftside-sm_zpsed0a4ae0.jpg

Suzuki GSX750F in Austria

Actually since having gone back from the heavy 1300cc FJR I think it is really overdoing it in owning anything bigger than 750cc's if with 4 cylinders, took the GSX onto EU highways and up the twisties in the Alps fully loaded earlier this year and it is simply more than enough power and torque one gets from this light versatile motorbikes. And who really would notice a difference in 0.1 second acceleration anyway given the average age of riders and some over-self-estimated bikers here............Did and will do some blasts on the FZ6 now in December and must admit that it reminds me of the FJR but in a very positive way as it makes me smile once I have to put her on her centerstand or in the twisties, she's simply a perfect bike for me. I even gave away my Nouvo 135 as the Tmax is now my town bike and I simply love to bitchslap some bigger bikes on the twisties with it as I did on a recent run to Nan 555555555555555

Oct 20, 2012
500_zps21a8e2c9.jpg.html
550_zpsa9b074b2.jpg.html
594_zps3a8545f9.jpg.html
243_zps5a7f428b.jpg.html
308_zpsd8910be0.jpg.html

3 of my bikes, ZX6r, Versys, and KLX 331
i have also got a CB 750, a couple of scooters and a TUK TUK

bigal

Sep 7, 2009
Having done the Harley, then a Harley I am now enjoying the fun of twist and go. A Forza.
Pro; It gets my fat frame around just fine, is comfortable and has tons of under-seat storage.
Cons; Hates dirt simply not for off road.
DSCN0196_zps3c4799a8.jpg

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Hi Bigal

These Forza 300 have just caught my eye for a town bike. I see you use your on long distances as well.

Have you got some feedback to offer me re the Forza 300, likes and dislikes?

Cheers Ken F