What is the longest ride you have ridden in LOS in one day

Lakota

Subscribed
Oct 10, 2011
I'm sat here thinking your all nuts then I remember I rode from home east of Chiang Rai to Pai when I first got my CB500X and because I was having so much fun and it was a beautiful day I rode back again another scenic mountain route. OK, only about 700 Kms but 700 kms of twists and turns. 16 hours in the saddle . felt like I had done a night shift :crazy:

Dec 27, 2007
monty1412;299994 wrote:
Probably have to say Viang Vieng to Bangkok was one of the longest......
Oooh! I'd totally forgotten about that one! That was a full day indeed and I recall you were riding a bike with two bent wheel! Yet I still think we got home before our mate who left his bike in Udon and then had to wait for his flight back to the Big Mango :mrgreen:

Sep 13, 2013
jimbobs;300030 wrote: Great Dane that's fantastic
That's made my day.I bet you was sore after that
It wasn't that bad. I was actually quite surprised myself. I used to get sore after 2-4 hours drive, but not that day. Not until the the last couple of hours, and then I was so close that didn't want to stop - except for gas. I didn't really have a problem after getting off the scooter.

Jan 4, 2014
Compared to what others are doing its nothing, but today was a long ride on my CRF 250L.

Started from BKK at 0700 and went up to the Erawan waterfalls in Kanchanaburi province. I was going to stay around there for the night but decided to push on through to Sangklaburi all the way. I arrived just after 1800.

Yesterday I ordered an Airhawk cushion, which I'll be picking up in the UK next month. There were times when I wish I had it today!

Oct 20, 2012
CraigBKK;300162 wrote: Compared to what others are doing its nothing, but today was a long ride on my CRF 250L.

Started from BKK at 0700 and went up to the Erawan waterfalls in Kanchanaburi province. I was going to stay around there for the night but decided to push on through to Sangklaburi all the way. I arrived just after 1800.

Yesterday I ordered an Airhawk cushion, which I'll be picking up in the UK next month. There were times when I wish I had it today!
The surname seems the way to go I am.ordering one as soon as I get home
I think the medium will be ok I want it for the versys but I may need it for the mix as well
What will you be ordering for the crf

Dec 27, 2007
Stock seats on the KLX and CRF are butt busters for sure, then again, neither bike was ever really designed for long distance touring. An air hawk or even a sheep skin will greatly improve comfort, but even better is having the seat re shaped. We're fortunate to live in a country where you can have a seat re shaped and recovered for as little as ~300-400 baht.

I bought an extra seat for my KLX which I will have reshaped for touring use. This is the profile of the stock seat:
6cd82f805494b0f3e08e2ac2ba52fb33_zpsc088bd3d.jpg

This is how I will have it modified:
1ac618dcde0495c8af501f3f137b9f89_zpsab4a5154.jpg