Wrong on highway ; still want drivers license

Oct 17, 2006
I was caught on the right high way side in Saraburi.
Got ticket, didnt notice that my charming pillion had handed my Thai drivers license to the cop and off I went. Thinking I can pay sometime.

When I tried to pay in Roi Et=
NOT POSSIBLE, MUST GO BACK PAY AND COLLECT IN PERSON IN SARABURI.

Argument with my wife=
NO, I WILL NOT GO BACK !

Some 6 weks later in Chaing Mai with the help of the Inspector of the Tourist Police my believe that this was unreasonable even under Thai rules was reconfirmed.
YES YOU CAN PAY BY MAIL, THE LICENSE WILL BE SENT TO YOUR HOME.

But the postman in the post office at Chiang Mai Airport felt obliged to call the phone No on the ticket which is the High Way Police.
NO YOU CANNOT PAY YOU MUST GO THERE IN PERSON.

MY WIFE= I TOLD YOU!!!
ME= I WILL NOT !!

ME TO THE POSTMAN=
YOU ARE NOT POLICE! YOUR JOB IS TO TAKE MONEY, CREDIT TO THE
ACCOUNT. NOTHING ELSE , UNDERSTOOD. TAKE THE MONEY NOW! DO YOUR JOB!

Much to my surprise he understood, took the money.

Story over ? Sure not.

After 2 months back in Phuket, yes a registered letter from Saraburi Police but no license. Instead my money order back and a tiny handwritten notice on the copy of the ticket= SIGN NO 2 ON THE BACK,

I blackmailed somehow my wife to call the police station, difficult = I TOLD YOU !!

YES I MUST RE-SEND THE 400B CASH AND SIGN, ADMITTING MY CAPITAL OFFENSE.

While I am still waiting to get my drivers license back I am ride happily around and in the event of police controls show my 3 months old Saraburi ticket.
Such proof of a valid drivers license has not been questioned in 4 road controls.
T I T
Pico

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Pico

I know it's not funny and i should NOT laugh,,but could not help,, :lol: , man that is funny ,but again, handing out Original licence is something what i carry by my self,, do not let pillion to have it,, and other thing is that when police ask(what havent happent to me since i got LT) i had over to them Papre copy of my license,, that worked in the past.

and Pico, in the other topic,, how's you SW working, it's 400cc? how the engine and clutch in there, and enough pover as i was thinking to get one...

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Pico's scooter is 600 and please don't get him started on the clutch :lol: :wink:

Pico Glückliches neues Jahr.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
There are lots of things the Thai could copy, seems like they really took copying nightmare bureaucracy to a new level!
If you don't sign off on the ticket, they can't take the money - then again they do take the money if there's no ticket...

Oct 17, 2006
good idea Marco : a copy of the license. Although would not work here on Phuket, either license or the bike stays with the cop. until you come back with receipt= PAID.

My Silverwing is a 600cc. It is a dream especially after a JCosta variator was added.
Mike Rust recommendation. Turned the Silverwing from a speedy sofa into racing horse. Well under 10 sec from 0 to 100km/h with all the weight. Automatic !!
So much more fun and safety when taking over or in the mountains.
Mind you my bike is hauling 550kg with sidecar and generous luggage and often I go rough alleys for which the Silverwing was not meant.
So the clutch should be no problem for you and even in my case I am rather sure the problems were because of sloppy work in the shop here on Phuket,
Pico

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Thanx Pico (To keep it short) :wink: regarding the note from MikeRust 555

any how,, was looking 400Cc to wifey,so she can do touring and shopping with it.

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
Actually he is in the perfect situation.

As long as you have that paper "ticket" receipt the cops won't give you another.

T.I.T. I had it happen to me many times. You get pulled over for an illegal turn, running a red light or not being in the left most lane. You pull over for a chat. Pull out wallet & produce your ticket (must wait 7 days before go to collect your lisence). Cop reads it. You both have a laugh & you proceed on your way. NO SPOT FINE.

Oct 17, 2006
as some of you might imagine, the arguments with my wife were the most pronounced.

To get her to say straight forward to a Thai in Thai what I want her to say, to communicate., simply translate without adding ......well, it was hard to keep grudgingly smiling.

Someone in uniform will always be in the right. Divergent thinking, generically happens as often as Cellulite.

All the more I wanted it MY WAY.

NO, I WILL NOT NEED TO MAKE A NEW DRIVERS LICENSE.
OH YES, EVEN IN THAILAND THE POLICE WILL SEND THE LICENSE, NO I DONT HAVE TO GO BACK TO
SANABURI.

WIFE=
NO I WILL NOT GO WITH YOU TO THE TOURIST POLICE IN CHIANG MAI.
Took me hours to find the HQ in Chiang Mai.

Me at THE POLICE = YOUR JOB IS TO HELP, TO HELP, TO HELP.GET YOUR BOSS.

End of story = today I got a registered letter with my drivers license. Happy End

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
bro,
i and my friend got summon at Hua Lamphung cos ride at highway..need to pay B500 per person..just undertable talk no resit..we just pay B800.to
the police.problem solve.. :arrow: