Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Not a piston run in, but aTrail Tech Striker computer run in, plus a visa run

From
trail-tech-striker-voltmeter-computer-t8610.html#p51871

Davidfl wrote: Done. Installed.... :thumbup:
img_1042.jpg

note the odometer 69,991 gentle lady driver kms. For sale ..... :lol: next life. The Africa Twin rocks.
And it's a nice day for a ride & visa run to Mae Sai
img_1052.jpg

30 kms out & what's this.....
img_1054.jpg

but not a smoko with the seat off

WTF :wtf:
img_1050.jpg

Yep no electrics. Main fuse. G-O-N-E.
Could not get it out. After a while I was successful & pinched the 20W headlight fuse & jammed it in. & headed off again.
But not before cancelling my emergency pick up vehicle.

Then 1 1/2 kms down the road dead again.
Time for smoko - the bike I thought.

And the solution - back on the phone...
img_1060.jpg

Silverhawk your a star & good reliable mate. Thanks also to Silverhawk's "henchmen" Tom Ford & Harry for the muscle power lifting the AT in the back.

And the moral of the story: AT's dont always rock. :oops:

Live another day to ride for a visa run. :yawn:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Such a wonderful day for biking and what does the AT do ?????? A strike yessir......5555555, fortunately you had a strong and reliable back-up crew with you, sorry for this mishap, so that means you're around downtown tonight for some bubbly to drain your sorrow :mrgreen: :oops: ?????
Want to go tomorrow ?? You can have either the DR or the SRX if you want to...... :smile1:
Cheers, Franz

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Bike's fixed courtesy of Tom & Joe at Goodwill.
A dodgy 10amp fuse to the ignition, that for all appearances looked perfectly normal, until a meter was put on it.

Ron2wheels
Re AT electrical problems, once your bike starts to get older & with high kms it is not uncommon for burnt out connectors & sockets & fuses.
I had a run of bad trouble 2 years ago & ordered a complete new wire harness that never came. In the meantime "we" David Lek & Mike Wilson hard wired many dodgy looking connectors / sockets.
You almost get used to it once you get the kms up, but you've got a way to go I reckon Ron.