Thread: Triumph 5TA

Triumph 5TA

Saw a triumph 500 5TA yesterday made in 1957 nacelle version , belongs to a thai guy who lives in the next Street to me.I had one 32 years ago when i was 17.

also It is rumoured that a Norton commando 850 Mk2 is for sale in Pattaya , I am investigating.I owned 5 of them in YUK best old brit bike made.

monsterman

Whereabouts is the 5TA Jerry ? I'll go and have a nose when I'm back in town [)]

Great bike the old Commando but do they handle as good as a featherbed Dominator [?]

Had a 62 5TA (Speed Twin) when I was 19. Was done out in street-scrambler style with knobblies, high pipes e.t.c. Looked better than the new "Scrambler" from Triumph (sorry Rhodie!), but I probably pushed it as far as I rode it during the time I had it. []

Cheers,

Pikey.
    "Belligerent, honest, sarcastic and rides like an ****? Hmmm, that'll be me then! "

Visit http://www.thehungersite.com today!

That sounds about right Jeff, but if you managed to ride it as far as you pushed it you must have had one of the more reliable ones then

Penetrator its 50yda on the left down the little soi behind my house.

jerry

Jerry, where are you based? I thought you were in Pattaya but maybe you are in CNX? The reason is that today at CM Speedway bike racing meet, there was a black 5TA! Was done out semi-street scrambler but with the nacelle on and low level pea shooter pipes. It looked "well used" and didn't have a plate. Same bike?

Cheers,

Pikey.
    "Belligerent, honest, sarcastic and rides like an ****? Hmmm, that'll be me then! "

Visit http://www.thehungersite.com today!

Jerry is based in Pattaya and so therefore is the 5TA, he's a near neighbour of mine when I'm in country which is handy for me when I need a chain tightening from pulling too many wheelies [}]