Thread: My Isaan and lao adventure - May/June 09 (+bike rental tips)

Cyclist

My Isaan and lao adventure - May/June 09 (+bike rental tips)

http://www.travelistic.com/user/videos/openroad

Hi all. Feel free to check out my video from last month's solo motorbiking journey (in 2 parts at the above link). It was my maiden voyage through Isaan and Laos and I absolutely loved it.

Kevin Fairburn (Sydney, AUS)

PS: The best bike I rented the whole trip was from Jim Barbush, owner of Remote Asia Travel just over the border from Nong Khai (+856 20238 5562 Vientiane Laos). Motorbike Rental is his specialty and he is pretty maticulous with the upkeep of his fleet of bikes. My XR250 was a very reliable and modern machine. Highly recommended.

When in Udon Thani check out Lek Car and Bike rental. Hired a nice Honda Steed 400 for a bit of cruising down to Khon Khan and beyond.

Hi Friend BVT,

A wonderfull rteport, thanks for having shared it with us. very good shooting.
    Laurent Paris-Bangkok-

Nice report BVT, thank you for sharing with us all. Looked to be a good adventure

T
    ??????????????? ????????????

Hi kevin, great videos mate, I really enjoyed them.

I am planning a similar trip in the new year, so I would like to ask a couple of quick questions: did you hire bikes in vietnam or purchase? Also did you try and cross any borders with the Vina motos?

Thanks for the advice mate.

Marty.

Sydney.

Jedi Biker

Pitty that i cant view vidos as im at work,, pictures are no problem to view.
    All vid sites are blocked

Jedi Biker

Did we get a job?
    I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Ray, yes he did, he's on something similar to his Avatar picture only difference instead of two wheels it uses two 'water screws'....... ....and he must lovvvvve it !!!! Maybe the ship is easier to repair than his carrier back home in Ubon........
    ''4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul''

Jedi Biker

That's great things looked a bit dicey there for a bit, happy for he and his
    I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Jedi Biker

Lads

Let me show off little ok???

Im Chief Security Officer on World BEST SMALL LUXURY Cruise ship, M\S Seabourn Spirit.
    This company did got his award just 3days before i came in here, i quess the voting commitee did not know that im on the way..LOL

Franz, you are so correct, i have more than huge problems to get my tank back to 1piece, but hopefully as by now i finally managed to get all the parts from Germany, when im back home by End of Agust, i should get it back on the road again(in my dreems)...

Please post some pictures also as i cant see vdo links,, this rats ass company dont wanna me to looking vdos..