Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 3 Sat 13th Nov 2010

Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 3 Sat 13th Nov 2010

I can confirm that we are now firm for Saturday 13th November 2010, for Volume 3 of Khon Kaen Bike Week. Really ought to call it KK Bike Day, but that would not fit in with Thailands thinking for these events.
    Expected venue is the University Exhibition hall surroundings, same as Volume 1 in 2008. That and other details to be confirmed shortly.
    Forgive me for separate topic for this post, but the existing bike week threads are rather long and unwieldy. One calender, just for the current year would be great.

Re: Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 3 Sat 13th Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by johngooding
    I can confirm that we are now firm for Saturday 13th November 2010, for Volume 3 of Khon Kaen Bike Week. Really ought to call it KK Bike Day, but that would not fit in with Thailands thinking for these events.
    Expected venue is the University Exhibition hall surroundings, same as Volume 1 in 2008. That and other details to be confirmed shortly.
    Forgive me for separate topic for this post, but the existing bike week threads are rather long and unwieldy. One calender, just for the current year would be great.
    John
    Thanks for the input
    One calendar for the current year...
    2010-bike-weeks-t6783.html
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Cyclist

Enjoy the ride, not destinations

Biker Legend

Well & I will be riding down along with a few other friends . Will be leaving on the Thursday 11th and returning to CM on Monday 15th. Will be making several pit stops along the way.

Jedi Biker

Quote Originally Posted by schackster
    Well & I will be riding down along with a few other friends . Will be leaving on the Thursday 11th and returning to CM on Monday 15th. Will be making several pit stops along the way.

Will be there also, coming from Surin with Tony and SSR Huligans,,,

There are at least 3 seperate groups riding Chiang Mai to Khon kaen, with different schedules.
    I will be leaving 8am Friday morning for a relaxed ride, arriving before 4pm. I will probably have to stay thro Monday to finish some business there, but others will return on Sunday morning.

For those who make to Khon Kaen we should arrive there about 4 pm Friday and expect to Be in the Kosa Hotel Beer Garden for some Drinks and a get together by 5 or 6pm. There are a Number of Other Bike groups meeting Us there so please come along if You want to meet some New Faces? See You There!Going to be a Ripper Weekend!

Jedi Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bungy
    For those who make to Khon Kaen we should arrive there about 4 pm Friday and expect to Be in the Kosa Hotel Beer Garden for some Drinks and a get together by 5 or 6pm. There are a Number of Other Bike groups meeting Us there so please come along if You want to meet some New Faces? See You There!Going to be a Ripper Weekend!

thats a deal ian, i will be in kk 10am on friday,,,

It will be Great to see You Marco as I missed You on Your last Trip to Chiang Mai! But please Leave You Bavarian Tank Parked with Our Bikes after the Beer Garden!!!

Jedi Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bungy
    It will be Great to see You Marco as I missed You on Your last Trip to Chiang Mai! But please Leave You Bavarian Tank Parked with Our Bikes after the Beer Garden!!!

You know IAN,, i know that im not a smartest person on the planet,, but im not that stupid that i wud repeat same thing than last time...

All packed up and ready to ride to KK Friday am.
    Really looking forward to my first KK bike week as a visitor to the town, although still been pretty much involved with the concept of this one and the early planning, not so much later organisation.
    Also looking forward to meeting buddies from various parts of the land, ride safe, see you Friday pm at the Kosa beergarden, or Saturday at the event.

Really looking forward to my first KK bike week as a visitor to the town, although still been pretty much involved with the concept of this one and the early planning, not so much later organisation.
    Also looking forward to meeting buddies from various parts of the land, ride safe, see you Friday pm at the Kosa beergarden, or Saturday at the event.

Enjoy the Ride & ride safe.
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Jedi Biker

John

are you comig with your NEW beemer??????

yes Marco, the new one it will be.

What? Another one?
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Jedi Biker

Ok i heard that you got new S beemer,,so treat her gently...

No reports apart from Marco?
    What happened with the 3 groups going from Chiang Mai - not even any photos?
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Quote Originally Posted by Davidfl
    Hardly been home since then, and was waiting for more pics to be available from KK web site. One group had a couple of Bob's, Gary and Well and maybe others. Unfortunately one of the members had an accident and spent a few days in Loei hospital, now back in CM recovering well from some broken ribs etc. Ian and a good few others rode down and suffered 2 accidents, causing one rider to have to return to CM, and Ian himself was delayed with a bad puncture.; not related to the accidents. One of his group members also had a rough night when he decided to argue about wether or not his bar bill had been paid. My group actually went there and back having good trips with no incidents. The bike week itself and the morning ride to a school both were very well attended and went very well. Tony promised a report, and I will make sure something is published soon here. Plenty now on khonkaenbikeweek.com if impatient.

Jedi Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Davidfl

Oh yes,, totally have forgotten that,, i have nice bunch of photos,, will try to do it tomorrow,,
    i just got bike back home and tomorow will do test ride and then saturday is Roi Et bike week party,,,,will be busy

and me and my self group managed home with our detour to hospital,,,,

Blog Entries

Khon Kaen Bike Week was fantastic.
    I'm still recovering.
    Will post up a trip report asap!

Ride On!
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast