Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Versys 1000cc

Versys 1000cc

French site Moto-Net.com claims there will be a 1000cc inline-four Versys for 2012!

They think it's the engine from the Z1000. And they have pictures. Rumored introduction date: Nov 8th at EICMA motor show in Milan.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ur-2012-!.html

Re: Versys 1000cc

Cool, lets hope they will produce it in Thailand (cheap) instead of importing from overseas (expensive).

Real Moto Sport Bgk say this (translated from Thai);

" Meet Kawasaki Z1000 in October. "
    A truly happy rider is one who can enjoy the scenery along a detour.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheels View Post
    Real Moto Sport Bgk say this (translated from Thai);

" Meet Kawasaki Z1000 in October. "
    Different bike. The Z1000 is already here, there's one in the showroom in Chiang Mai, too.

Yes, I know it's a different bike.
    Just wondering if, given the recent release of the Z1000, Kawa Thailand will also offer the Versys 1000.
    Maybe only the updated Versys 650.
    We'll see.

Here it is!
    http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...000/19429.html

This news so hot it isn't even on Kawasaki.com yet :P

"Kawasaki's weird four-cylinder all-roads Versys. Thing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpQ9ajo8F1A

They took the 650 versys and chopped a lot of hard edges in the fairings.

Traction control should be interesting though. No idea if this is made in Thailand or not - guessing either it isn't, or it's a 2013 model. Ok so it's a 2012, and supposedly going to be introduced in Malaysia on the 12th of November!

Here's a nice pic:

Just got this mail from Kawasaki uk ,http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/news.asp?Id=3409C04C008.

The link gives full spec's.

Looks good too.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/629/11...rst-Look-.aspx

Looks like a really good adventure/road bike, actually. Competition to the Mutlistrada / GS and so on - lightest in its class they say, though at 239 kg it isn't exactly a lightweight.

Well spotted Nikster.
    It's interesting (to say the least) that one of the colour options seems to be identical to the colour on this bike seen by 'Cloughy'
    at CMai Kawasaki back in July.

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 6631
Size:  173.3 KB

Blog Entries

Personally I find "1000 cc" and "adventure bike" in the same sentence to be somewhat of an oxymoron... At 239 kilos and with a 17" front wheel who's going to want (or dare) to take this beastie off the pavement?

I believe the Versys 1000 borrows the engine from the Z1000 and it's nice to see that Kawasaki hasn't cut any corners with the technological bits-

3 Mode KTRC (Kawasaki TRaction Control)
    3 modes cover a wide range of conditions
    2 Power Mode selections: Full Power + Low Power (about 75% of Full)
    Latest-spec ABS standard

I imagine it will be a fun road bike, but all I remember thinking during my last tour through Laos on the Versys 650 was that I'd have been a lot more comfortable on a KLX 250...

The Versys 1000 is manufactured in Japan. The sales and marketing folks at Kawasaki Thailand don't know anything about it so I don't imagine we'll see it here any time soon. Next model tentatively scheduled for introduction to Thailand is the Ninja 1000 (the faired version of the Z1000).

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
    The Versys 1000 is manufactured in Japan. The sales and marketing folks at Kawasaki Thailand don't know anything about it so I don't imagine we'll see it here any time soon. Next model tentatively scheduled for introduction to Thailand is the Ninja 1000 (the faired version of the Z1000).
    T__T sad news. But yeah the sales folks at Kawa CM have never ever heard of the Versys 1000.

Do you know which bikes are next to be "made in Thailand"? I imagine the Ninja 1000 - which is cool - is also made in Japan...

And clearly the Versys 1000 is an Adventure bike in the sense that most adventure bike users use their bikes, which is on the road. More like the Multistrada than the GS. It's the same as SUVs - 99% are never used off road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheels View Post
    Well spotted Nikster.
    It's interesting (to say the least) that one of the colour options seems to be identical to the colour on this bike seen by 'Cloughy'
    at CMai Kawasaki back in July.

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 6631
Size:  173.3 KB
    I don't see any mention of color options in the reviews of the Versys 1000. Only color I've seen so far is the black and white. That Bronze Versys in your picture is custom paint for sure. The Versys 1000 looks like it has fewer painted panels than the 650, so getting a repray should be cheap as chips.

" The Versys 1000 will be available in white and metallic grey. "

I thought that is the Versys 1000 the girl is sitting on in your #6, as the pic appears under the heading ' "Kawasaki's weird four-cylinder all-roads Versys. Thing."

Either way, not the bike for me although I guess many will welcome it ..... at a price though.

I don't see any mention of color options in the reviews of the Versys 1000. Only color I've seen so far is the black and white. That Bronze Versys in your picture is custom paint for sure. The Versys 1000 looks like it has fewer painted panels than the 650, so getting a repray should be cheap as chips.
    Got too distracted by the girl in the pic I posted in #6 above?

She's sitting on what Kawasai calls "Metallic Magnesium Gray", it's on the UK website.

The pic from CM is a custom paint 650 of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikster View Post
    Got too distracted by the girl in the pic I posted in #6 above?

She's sitting on what Kawasai calls "Metallic Magnesium Gray", it's on the UK website.

The pic from CM is a custom paint 650 of course.
    DOH! There was a bike in that picture?! Totally missed it!

The looks of this versys 1000 are not doing it for me - neither are the looks of Triumph's new 1200 offering also, neither are the looks of the Honda offering in this the area the cross tourer! I never really regarded the GS as a thing of beauty but its gotten this lot beat in my eye.
    Wildlife of Thailand Community Forum http://www.wildlifethailand.com

DOH! There was a bike in that picture?! Totally missed it!
    A man's got to have priorities 5555

Blog Entries

Kawasaki Versys 1000 Official Video-

Personally I find "1000 cc" and "adventure bike" in the same sentence to be somewhat of an oxymoron... At 239 kilos and with a 17" front wheel who's going to want (or dare) to take this beastie off the pavement?

I believe the Versys 1000 borrows the engine from the Z1000 and it's nice to see that Kawasaki hasn't cut any corners with the technological bits-

3 Mode KTRC (Kawasaki TRaction Control)
    3 modes cover a wide range of conditions
    2 Power Mode selections: Full Power + Low Power (about 75% of Full)
    Latest-spec ABS standard

I imagine it will be a fun road bike, but all I remember thinking during my last tour through Laos on the Versys 650 was that I'd have been a lot more comfortable on a KLX 250...

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

i agree with you tony- when schackster and i went to laos we both commented that the 650 versys was a great bike for those roads but a klx 250 might be even more fun. it certainly would be adaquate. a 1000 would be overkill there. here it would be nice and the thought of the smoothness of a 4 cyl. is very appealing. saw a z1000 yesterday. has a great exhaust note but the girl riding on the back of it was even sexier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast