Thread: "Test" forum?

Question "Test" forum?

Is there a "test" forum where posts can be tried for linking, formatting, etc. Some boards have one that lets users test before posting in the "correct" forum.

I would like to post a Northern Thailand ride report, but I want to try out the linking to Smugmug images first as I will probably screw it up.

Also, do most people use an external editor to write the report and then copy/paste it into the thread post?
    Second also....what is the preferred picture size?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: "Test" forum?

Quote Originally Posted by techy5025 View Post
    Is there a "test" forum where posts can be tried for linking, formatting, etc. Some boards have one that lets users test before posting in the "correct" forum.

I would like to post a Northern Thailand ride report, but I want to try out the linking to Smugmug images first as I will probably screw it up.

Also, do most people use an external editor to write the report and then copy/paste it into the thread post?
    Second also....what is the preferred picture size?

Thanks,

Jim
    Just write it up, & hit the Preview Post button before Submit
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Blog Entries

I STRONGLY recommend writing your report using an external editor, then posting it here, because the GT Rider site has an annoying tendency to time out if you're working on a long post / report in which case you lose everything you've written, which can be pretty darn frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
    I STRONGLY recommend writing your report using an external editor, then posting it here, because the GT Rider site has an annoying tendency to time out if you're working on a long post / report in which case you lose everything you've written, which can be pretty darn frustrating.

I do mine in Gmail.. As it has a nice built in auto save feature.. also. you can log on any where any how and add notes if you want..
    You don't see the pictures of course.. but just copy and paste to the forum and hit preview as David suggested. Edit and save back if you are not finished.. I keep mine saved under drafts.

I have been hit in the past where the web browser crashed and hours of a Sunday afternoon wasted.. hence the move to Gmail for editing.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks for the help guys. Work has intervened temporarily!

Jim