Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Z800 to be made in Thailand?

Blog Entries

Re: New Z800 to be made in Thailand?

Vehicle prices in Thailand, both new and second hand have little correlation to the rest of the world. TIT, it is what it is

Prices of ALL bikes went up due to the recent tax increase that the Thai government imposed on motorcycles. It's been covered pretty thoroughly in this thread:

Motorcycle Tax Increases!!!

I was going off old prices in my last post. Here are the new 2013 prices for Kawasaki (oddly enough the prices on their main website are still out of date...)

Revered Old Git
    Blog Entries

A bit OT but yesterday I was looking at the web-site of Kawasaki Real Motorsport Bangkok and they have now updated their price-list.
    But it seems they are the Z250, while I do not see that on other Kawasaki Thailand web-sites. Doe anyone know why? Or just not updated web-site?

Chang Noi

Quote Originally Posted by sierradelta View Post
    Hi Guys

I was in Aust 2 weeks ago and I priced the new Z800

I was given AUD$12,999 from both dealers (no discount at all, even for cash)

That is currently 393,600 Thai Baht (wow).

The Ducati 795 is currently 399,990 Thai Baht and the new 795 ABS is 429,000 Thai Baht

As the Z800 has ABS I would make a guess now at a target price should between the ER6N (254,000 Baht) and 795 ABS (429,000 Baht)

Thus the Z800 should be circa 341,500 Baht in Thailand

I hope they do keep it below 350K Baht…but my gut feel is they will try to rape the market at say ~$399,000

Cheers

SD

Your right they are going to have to price the Z800 in-between the Monster and the ER6N. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the monster expensive because they have to pay tax importing the pieces before its Assembled here in Thailand. Aren't the pieces from Italy or somewhere like that? Whereas the Kawasaki Z800 would be totally made here like the ER6N is, right? So in affect the price should be fair amount cheaper then the Monster???

Does this sound right?

Leader of the Pack

I have just been to a Kwaka dealership in Mexico to look at the Z800 and i have to say i was a little disappointed by the looks of it, i had 3 freinds with me and they liked the ER6N more and i have to say the Ninga 636 looked in a different league.

I was blown away by the promo pics but the bike looked a bit cheep in the flesh with a lot of plastic, i would still consider buying one if they become available in Thailand but it will depend on price now, it is probably a great bike but i am in the take it or leave it catagory now which will please my bank balance and my wife.

The colour i looked at was the green and black the one i would of chosen , still i dont let looks dictate completely if i but a bike or not i bought a brown verseys.

Leader of the Pack

Quote Originally Posted by tobiascra View Post
    Your right they are going to have to price the Z800 in-between the Monster and the ER6N. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the monster expensive because they have to pay tax importing the pieces before its Assembled here in Thailand. Aren't the pieces from Italy or somewhere like that? Whereas the Kawasaki Z800 would be totally made here like the ER6N is, right? So in affect the price should be fair amount cheaper then the Monster???

Does this sound right?

Not sure it needs to be between them. I am going to assume it is superior to the entry level ducati.

Motorcyclist

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobs View Post
    I have just been to a Kwaka dealership in Mexico to look at the Z800 and i have to say i was a little disappointed by the looks of it, i had 3 freinds with me and they liked the ER6N more and i have to say the Ninga 636 looked in a different league.

I was blown away by the promo pics but the bike looked a bit cheep in the flesh with a lot of plastic, i would still consider buying one if they become available in Thailand but it will depend on price now, it is probably a great bike but i am in the take it or leave it catagory now which will please my bank balance and my wife.

The colour i looked at was the green and black the one i would of chosen , still i dont let looks dictate completely if i but a bike or not i bought a brown verseys.

Agree with the look comment, I looked at the Green/Black combo...it is unusual to say the least.

Aftermarket pipe/s would be first things to change to make it look better IMHO.

The new ZX-R 636 is pure sex on 2 wheels and if they ever offered that here for a "realistic" price I would get that in a heartbeat for sure.
    2011 Ninja 250R - Mods: Full S/S & Carbon Exhaust, Pirelli Sports Demons, HyperPro Front Spring Kit, EBC Kevlar Street Clutch Kit, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, EBC HH Brakes, Frame & Axle Sliders, Custom Levers & Grips, DNA Filter, 15T/43T Sprockets, Rear Hugger, Double Bubble Screen, Tutoro Chain Oiler, Silicon Hoses, Xenon Globes.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee99 View Post
    Not sure it needs to be between them. I am going to assume it is superior to the entry level ducati.
    I hope your assumption is wrong dude, I would love it to be around 350,000 or less LOL Also if anyone has any further info, please share.. I can't wait

Pedestrian

Quote Originally Posted by tobiascra View Post
    I hope your assumption is wrong dude, I would love it to be around 350,000 or less LOL Also if anyone has any further info, please share.. I can't wait
    I went in to Kawasaki Pattaya this afternoon to look at the ER6-N, the salesman there said to expect the Z800 to be for sale in a few months time. He then went onto say at the next bike / motor show it will be unveiled. It was enough to stop me looking further at the ER6. Im in no rush to buy a road bike so can wait a while longer. Price wise he said to expect around 400,000 baht.

Would be good addition to the market ,but that coming from mityon pattaya taken with a pinch of msg.
    Also they cant be trying to sell the big stock they have there at the moment.

Leader of the Pack

I would seriously consider it for 400,000b as there does not seem anything out there for the money, apart from the Ducati 795 of which i know nothing about.Which is the better bike does anyone have an opinion of this having ridden both?

I would like to hire one 1st as i live in Isaan in the sticks and have struggled to keep rubber side down on my versys getting to my home, i bought a KLX 250 to combat this , and i seem to use the KLX alot more than the Versys at the moment.I am not sure i have the skill to ride the Z800 on a muddy track to my home.

But hey not many of us really use common sense when it comes to buying a bike right? . Or is that just me

Safe riding guys

Blog Entries

I tried to get some info about the Z800 in Thailand earlier this week, but it really seems that the staff in Thailand don't have any definitive information yet.

They did mention that there are 2 versions of the Z800 and that IF it's sold in Thailand it will probably be the lower spec 95Hp Z800e...

Disappointing if true... I reminded them of what a flop the restricted ZX10R was when they tried to sell it in Thailand in 2010. It was by far the cheapest liter bike in the country, but sold terribly because no one wants a restricted super bike.

Why do they think it would be different with the Z800?

Time will tell, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

More info about the Z800e:

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Z800e

Leader of the Pack

Is it a big job to de restrict Tony? And is the watered down version because of emissions?, 95 is not bad i suppose but it does make you feel like youd be buying a second rate bike,,a bit disappointing that,
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
    I tried to get some info about the Z800 in Thailand earlier this week, but it really seems that the staff in Thailand don't have any definitive information yet.

They did mention that there are 2 versions of the Z800 and that IF it's sold in Thailand it will probably be the lower spec 95Hp Z800e...

Disappointing if true... I reminded them of what a flop the restricted ZX10R was when they tried to sell it in Thailand in 2010. It was by far the cheapest liter bike in the country, but sold terribly because no one wants a restricted super bike.

Biker Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post

Saw a copy of what is supposedly the emmissions certificate from Thailand done last month and the good news is it was the full power Z800A that was tested

Could this be a z800 sitting in Kawasaki's showroom!!

Coming soon... well the Z800e version has much nicer color schemes, FWIW. The A ones are a mess, including that green black one pictured above... which means that the above is an A I guess?!

to de restrict the bike is not really a difficult job at all ,

Just had a look at the z800 in Rama 9. I tried my hardest to get a test ride or put a deposit down

A Kawasaki salesman told a good friend of mine that the z1000 is to get a new price of 550,000 to make more competitive with the z800!! Pinch of salt or TiT but interesting info all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelthailand View Post
    A Kawasaki salesman told a good friend of mine that the z1000 is to get a new price of 550,000 to make more competitive with the z800!! Pinch of salt or TiT but interesting info all the same.
    Well - the Z1000 on display at Kawasaki CM now costs 550,000.

So he may be on to something there.

Quote Originally Posted by nikster View Post
    Well - the Z1000 on display at Kawasaki CM now costs 550,000.

So he may be on to something there.
    Here it is from Sangchai Turakit Chiang Mai
    Name:  704025_477049782403279_825659749_o.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  117.0 KB
    Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast