Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda CBR500/CB500R/CB500X

Re: 2013 Honda CBR500/CB500R/CB500X

I sure do. Tell those guys to do their homework!
    Try motorcycle.com ( http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...-us-91463.html )
    who wrote: "Besides its adventurous styling, the CB500X’s front fork features 0.6 more inches of travel than the other two 500s and one degree less rake, 26 vs 25."
    Or check out the specs on Motorcyclist Magazine ( http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...fications.html ).

Quote Originally Posted by KZ25 View Post
    I sure do. Tell those guys to do their homework!
    that I will do...
    Quote Originally Posted by KZ25 View Post
    features 0.6 more inches of travel
    and what's not to like about 0.6 more inches of travel ooh errr..
    Nothing screams poor workmanship like creases in the duct tape...

Every millimeter counts!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
    Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think this new CBR500 looks cheap and dated compared to the new 2013 CBR600RR-
    yeah well car manufacturers do that too, and it kinda makes sense that the vehicle that costs 2x as much looks better... hopefully! Or something is seriously wrong.

I've actually wondered how they do this. Do they come up with 10 designs, take the best one and stick it on the most expensive model? Or are they just getting better designers for the more expensive cars? Are they intentionally designing the cheaper ones to look cheaper? Do the cheaper models get the design cues from last year? I think it must be something along those lines.

digging the orange wheels.... yum

Biker Legend
    Article 19 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Sorry guys, more on the CB series under Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai:

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-mot...ing-Chiang-Mai

Quote Originally Posted by nikster View Post
    yeah well car manufacturers do that too, and it kinda makes sense that the vehicle that costs 2x as much looks better... hopefully! Or something is seriously wrong.

I've actually wondered how they do this. Do they come up with 10 designs, take the best one and stick it on the most expensive model? Or are they just getting better designers for the more expensive cars? Are they intentionally designing the cheaper ones to look cheaper? Do the cheaper models get the design cues from last year? I think it must be something along those lines.

digging the orange wheels.... yum
    Something like that. Also, if you put higher spec parts on a bike, you automatically have a better looking bike. Suspension, swingarm, brake, lights, exhaust etc

I think Honda is on the right track building simple, affordable bikes for practically anybody. The CBR250 is great for beginners, the 500 is for riders who want to move up or older ex-riders who want to get back into the game. It would discourage them if there were only top-of-the-line models for big bucks out there. Especially these days when most people don't have too much money to spend anyways.
    Also I'm a relaxed (and safe) rider; I haven't been in an accident in the almost 30 years I've been riding. I don't need the newest, latest, fastest and most-tricked-out bike. A digital speedo is nice, but not necessary; the same goes for upside down forks, a fancy paint-job or aluminum and titanium bits.
    I rather buy a simple bike for a low price, and if I want to upgrade it I can always spend some money on aftermarket suspension, tires a.s.o. later.
    That this budget bike is not a lightweight, super-sharp looking rocket is just logical. I think for their low price the new 500s don't look cheap.
    For those who want to spend big money on bikes that push the envelope there are lots of bikes to choose from.

not sure if it was posted yet...but found this video here:
    http://youtu.be/94Q1oJL5J8U

still like the X most the F looks a little better seeing it on the Video.

They have used the 500cc "niche" which is probably become a "big niche" too But i don't really think they will be competitive ( other than the price and fuel usage) to the Kwaker ER6's .

IMO these new Honda's make a lot of sense .... so when looking at this article http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...-us-91463.html when are we getting the CB1100 ?

mbox
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.

Biker Legend

I do agree mbox, the video is nice, good marketing.
    And I also agree with your remark on the X, that would be my option too.
    You say they do not compete other then on Price with the ER6N, hmmmm I may disagree with you here.
    In marketing there is 4 P's not just 1, there is product (quality), price (including low fuel usage), promotion and place.
    Honda is good at P1: product and quality that lasts for a life time, no one really can or will argue to that?
    With the 2nd P, price.....we need to wait a bit but in this global market Honda will always beat Kawa on price.
    P3, promotion, reconsider the launch of the CB series, spy pictures, slow leakage of detailed info.....tease tease tease
    P4, place...OK, the green boys are currently better spread over Thailand for big bikes!

Well , lasts a lifetime ??? Maybe the good old "Honda Cub" where " you meet the friendliest people on a honda" you think the crf250L/cbr250R last a lifetime...but ok, none of their or Kawasaki's will be lasting a lifetime IMO

To be honest, we have now 5 Honda Dealers in my Town ....only one Kwaker dealer , i sincerely hope that Honda does get better in educating their mechanics, as for the time being it is a joke. Yes, we have the CBR 250 and CRF 250 here available since a while and they should have done something about teaching mechanics...did they( not here in my place)? The one kwaker dealer has mechanics that are pretty good and a good and clean shop with accessories for the Bikes he is selling.

Generally said i find the creatiion of the 500cc niche better than making a versys or er6's competitor...we have the versys already those who want it bought it already, or will buy it for its purpose. The "X" is not a versys , nor would it be competitive by specs( thats what i actually meant by can't compete), but it doesn't have to and i don't think i would go even into "adventure" rides with it...but it is still a nice and fairly attractive road bike which would suit on not so good roads (which we also he plenty of) plus has a nice seating position.
    The price will play a significant role plus aftermarket stuff too....i am sure they sell it well...although the crf250L is miserably sold in my Place ..

mbox
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.

Biker Legend

My idea so far, just personal observation and only after a few weeks in Thailand......
    The CB500 series will be sold by Big Wing only, not by any other Greenwing or whatever Honda scooter dealer......I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by brake034 View Post
    My idea so far, just personal observation and only after a few weeks in Thailand......
    The CB500 series will be sold by Big Wing only, not by any other Greenwing or whatever Honda scooter dealer......I hope!
    I was wondering that too who will sell them....so far the Big Wing sold imported Honda big Bikes while the "provincial wing" sold the local AP Honda made Bikes ....if these CBR500's are made in thailand by AP Honda i'd imagine they also been sold by "provincial wing" they would just need to teach the mechanics - and make sure they follow what has been taught...

Biker Legend

The only thing I can do is ask the people of Big Wing or ventilate a personal opinion.
    My personal preference would be to have all big bikes serviced by well trained staff similar to Kawa does.
    No personal experience though how well that service is over and above normal Kawa scooter service in Thailand......

Quote Originally Posted by brake034 View Post
    The only thing I can do is ask the people of Big Wing or ventilate a personal opinion.
    My personal preference would be to have all big bikes serviced by well trained staff similar to Kawa does.
    No personal experience though how well that service is over and above normal Kawa scooter service in Thailand......
    Kawasaki does not sell any scooters since a couple of years ... they stopped with scooters and started with the KSR which was and still is a very good seller for them. Than the followed with the larger bikes ,offroaders, motard...

I think Honda should go at least this route to have in any bigger town one of the dealers to be certified & trained for selling and servicing bigger bikes. But we are talking AP(e) Honda , which could mean what i just wrote is just wishful thinking

Biker Legend

Really?? Shows you how well I really know the scooter market

Yes, I just wish that Honda Big Wing would open shop in Chiang Rai........
    Maybe if we all buy enough CB's they will just do that....maybe......

Blog Entries

Special promo prices for Thailand-

Cbr500 204k
    Cbx500 209k
    Cb500f 199 k
    Last edited by TonyBKK; 29th November 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Cbr500 204k
    Cbx500 209k
    Cb500f 199 k
    Thx Tiony , also found this list on mocyc.com, by the looks of it brake034 was right as only Honda Bigwings would sell and service these bikes....hell thats some braindead idea.. AP(e) Honda is on it again
    btw
    199k thb for the F
    204k thb for the R
    209k thb for the X

Cbr500 204k
    Cbx500 209k
    Cb500f 199 k
    Thanks. This is good news. 5% DP!!. Aggressive strategy from Honda. I wonder how many NC700X they will now sell if you can buy a CB500X for less than half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox999 View Post
    Thx Tiony , also found this list on mocyc.com, by the looks of it brake034 was right as only Honda Bigwings would sell and service these bikes....hell thats some braindead idea.. AP(e) Honda is on it again
    btw
    199k thb for the F
    204k thb for the R
    209k thb for the X
    Please note that Honda is building and opening more Big Wings. There is already one opposite Kawasaki Pattaya. I believe it will open any day (if not yet open).

Biker Legend

Hi guys,

Anybody visited the Expo and have pictures?

I am talking with Honda Big Wing to see if these prices will be valid after the Expo too and will keep you informed.
    They informed me already that the CBR500R and CB500F ordered at the Expo will be delevered after the 11th of December 2012.

In another tread on this website we discuss the opening of Honda BW in Chiang Mai somewhere Q 1 or Q2 2013.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast