British Motorcycle Gear

Jun 2, 2009
Adventure Jacket and Adventure Trousers
http://www.allaboutbikes.com/index.php/ ... cycle-gear

Touring clothing needs to be comfortable, maneuverable, and breathable, and above all protect you in case of a spill, on the dirt or the road.
British Motorcycle Gear has developed quite a unique product with its Adventure Jacket and Adventure Trousers, which I just tested out on a Badlands adventure day hosted by Kawasaki on ATVs, UTVs and RUVs in Attica, Indiana.
The Adventure Jacket and Trousers are extremely light and durable, with protection in all the right places. I felt no restrictions while riding with this clothing; it was warm but not too thick to hinder your movement with some very original features.
For example, they have added a hydration system in the form of a camel bag on your back with a straw leading under your helmet. Cell phone or walkie-talkie holder on your chest, map or direction holder on your wrist and pockets everywhere, all the ideas came from the Adventure being developed for the Paris-Dakar rally.
This clothing is extremely comfortable. Too many times I have worn riding gear that when you finally get on the bike the trousers ride up your back and pinch, or the jacket is too tight around the shoulders for the position you are riding in. Not this British Motorcycle Gear; it all works in harmony while you throw your bike around or maneuver your ATV across rough terrain. I spent 12 hours wearing it at the Badlands outdoor terrain park, riding various different machines. Kawasaki ATV’s, UTV’s & RUV’s (http://www.allaboutbikes.com/index.php/ ... tvs-a-ruvs)
I did find the waist of the trousers a little loose; even tightening the expansion joints up to their maximum wasn’t tight enough. The jacket and trousers zip together so they didn’t fall down but they were just a little too big. Basically, I needed a belt but there isn’t belt rings around the trousers, only at the back which isn’t enough to hold a belt up. That was only a very minor issue, though.
I got truly soaked throughout the day at the Kawasaki Badlands event, to the extent that the mud caked onto the clothing throughout the day. So when we had finished I had to be “power washedâ€