Crashed At Chong Yen, Kamphaeng Phet

Discussion in 'Thailand Motorcycling Videos' started by Goran Phuket, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Happened 8 weeks ago, mountains of Mae Wong National Park.

Rear end fishtailed wildly and found myself sprawling over the tarmac. I wasn't riding fast, surface dry, no sand, diesel or oil spill....it just happened. Tires were warm, made 40km to this point...But shaken my confidence tremendously. Yes I know, not wearing gloves, that is because I just left National Park gates check point filling up some forms and taking pics before proceeding just a few km to my destination.

Finally realized what the problem was: one pannier was fully loaded with tools and other stuff, things I never take out. The other was empty, left it in resort 40 kilometers away. Uneven distribution of weight affected the bike balance and there you go.

Lesson learned.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good to see you survived ok.

Finally realized what the problem was: one pannier was fully loaded with tools and other stuff, things I never take out. The other was empty, left it in resort 40 kilometers away. Uneven distribution of weight affected the bike balance and there you go. ​
    Oh man, what a cause.

3. Easy mistake to make ,I'm glad your ok and I hope bike not too damaged.
    Safe riding
    Paul

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Paul :)
    No damage to bike....even crash bars not a single scratch. Only slight scratch at the bottom edge of pannier.
    These are 2mm anodized boxes, bought them in Switzerland from x-impact. Best on the market.