Malaysia-thailand- Cambodia-thailand-malaysia

SETHU RAMAN

Mar 7, 2019
Hi Brothers, I’m new to this site...need some advise..
Planning to ride to Angkor Wat from Kuala Lumpur this month. Just two bikes. So we planning to pass tru Msia Thailand (Sadao Border) and Thailand Cambodia (Poipet Border). I’m been reading some blog and forum and the process is not so clear.
So for Malaysian registed bike what is the documentation we needed at the Msia-Thai border and also the documents needed to cross Thai-Cambodia border. Is the any additional documents needed to be done at Msia-Thai Border ? I remember i read somewhere that someone unable to enter Cambodia Poipet Border with his bike because of some documentation issues.
Hope someone here can advise me on the actual process. Thank you

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Upon entering Cambodia do not use the Poipet border. Its a corrupted shitholw and they will demand that you have leave your bike at the border and travel to Phnom Penh and get a permit there. In stead use the Chom Chong-O’Smach bordercrossing in the Surin province of Thailand. Its known to be a very easy bordercrossing that never ask for any paperwork or any other hazzles. Its a conveniant crossing if going to Siam Reap as it is only 2-3 hours ride down from the border to Siam Reap.

Reactions: Eoin Christie