Up For A Ride - Who's Coming?

pee

Mar 10, 2006
David,

Yes I did call 6653617107 this afternoon, around 5 pm. The lady said Rice Hut was fully booked. She offered Bamboo Rooms. I took this for 1 person. I also said I will come with you and other bikers.
Looking forward to Sunday
Cheers

Nov 2, 2008
Proposed Ride - day trip to Doi Inthanon "the back way" in the revered tracks of Captain Slashand Ally

Day - Sunday sounds good but when ever works - but the sooner the better

Starting from (and returning to) - Chiang Mai - I like early starts but 6 am doesn't seem to go over to well in my limited experience here.

Why - need a getaway from pretending to be busy and currently seeking cleaner air.

Me - cautious rider on a D-tracker. Feel a return daytrip to Pai, this Sunday, is a bit much in this weather.

Cheers,
Kevin

Nov 2, 2008
Captain_Slash wrote: I wont be able to make this one Kevin but hope to join you for a ride when I return
Looking forward to that Colin. Hoping to head out tomorrow morning,maybe a 8-9 start, hope I don't miss that turn off.

Will provide coffee at the new Miguel's, for any up for a ride 8'ish monday morning.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
On behalf of the Captain!

We are meeting at The Kafe on the moat just up from Thapae Gate @ 09:00 & we'll be heading off to the 118 at 09:15(ish)

Ally

Nov 2, 2008
Captain_Slash wrote: Wednesday 25th

Planned route is 1184 heading south from Lamphun then the 1274 to Li and onto the Mae Ping National Park
Count me in; had such a great time yesterday can happily shuffle around chores to free that day up.

8 am at the Newest Miguel's (map); I'll have the coffee on and a batch of 'custom' breakfast burritos for any brave souls.

Otherwise we can meet at 9 and set sail by 9:15

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Well in that case Kevin, I am definitely "IN" ! :wink:

See you at breakfast.

Ally

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi friends!

Would like to be "in", but:
Please, at what pace the 25th trip? And for around how many kilometers?

In the past few months I've been invited in some thai bikers' racing trips and it was not at all for my riding capabilities... As I didn't enjoy, I'm a little "refreshed" by group biking...
No offence, but my style is more "legal" limits speeds... And I like to enjoy the scenery as well as the riding...

So please Captain and al, what's your "riding style"?

Cheers,
Gobs

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Gobs

The links below are 2 trips I have done recently that each include parts of where we will journey on 25th.

The style of the ride will more likely be @ 80kph and stops for water and relief (Captain Slash lives up to his name alright there !)

Bearing in mind the mentioned 2 trips are not quite the same as the routing of the 25th, I would hazard a guess the 25th ride will be in the region of 350km.

The Capt will be on a Honda Phantom, Fishenough will be on a D-Tracker and I will be on my Dragstar, so quite a diverse class of bikes.

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/lamphun-to-khun-tan-railway-station---the-long-way-t5104.html

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/mae-ping-national-park-t5423.html

Are you up for this?

Hope to see you and anyone else who wants a group ride on Wednesday morning for breakfast.

Ally

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Fishenough wrote: [quote quote=Captain_Slash]Wednesday 25th

Planned route is 1184 heading south from Lamphun then the 1274 to Li and onto the Mae Ping National Park
Count me in; had such a great time yesterday can happily shuffle around chores to free that day up.

8 am at the Newest Miguel's (map); I'll have the coffee on and a batch of 'custom' breakfast burritos for any brave souls.

Otherwise we can meet at 9 and set sail by 9:15
9.00 am eh? I will try & swing by to send you guys off. Too busy right now- preparing for Oz + plus a whole new website design + starting the update for the 4th edition of the MHS Loop map.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Sorry guys...

Can't be in for tomorrow! Just had a dating this evening for tomorrow afternoon...

However, as you are not racers, your future one day trips could fit me as well.
Hope to meet you and have a ride together a next time...

Have a happy trip!
Cheers,
Gobs

Apr 20, 2009
Captain_Slash wrote: Sunday 26th april, anyone up for a ride? no route planned yet and any route suggestions welcomed
New to the forum, but I'd like to join you if that's ok.

Apr 20, 2009
My apologies, I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Got injured last night, went to Chiang Mai Ram today and won't be riding again for a week or so. Next time.