Mon and Kurt opened a campground and still have food and alcohol...

Hi guys,
Many of you, came to Mon and Kurt's Restaurant or Chiang Mai Biker Saloon, in years past. We went back to Canada for 18 month and when we got back, we decided to move everything back to our land in Chiang Dao. We now have a campground, on our beautiful 6 Rai of land and Mon still makes her delicious Thai and Western Food. As some of you know, we are both bikers, too and put on a lot of miles on our bikes every year. We'd love to see some of you come out and camp here. For bikers, who bring their own tents and equipment, we offer a special rate of 150 Baht per night to set up. This includes hot showers, Western toilets with sinks, mirrors, etc., access to our splash pool, in hot season and a fair size menu of food and drinks.
A party atmosphere is welcome, but we ask you to respect other campers, if it is a busy night. Give respect, get respect!
We have two big tents and one smaller one for rent, too, but prefer it, if you bring your own. Extra blankets and towels are available for rent, too.
We are located at the following GPS coordinates, where you will see the Paradise Hill sign. Turn down that driveway, which curves to the right... 19°23'32"N 98°58'03"E
If you don't have a GPS, go through Chiang Dao, turn left at the Baan Si Saat temple (between the temple and the school) and take your first left after that. keep going straight (don't turn with the road) and you will see our Paradise Hill sign at your left. The driveway has our picture and you cannot miss it ;-)
We are only about three blocks off the old highway and about 4 o4 5 blocks from the Bypass.
Hope to see you all here!
Our phone number, for reservations or to let us know, if a lot of you are coming to eat, is 099-579-7392
We still have some of David's maps here, which he let us have for free and if you need one, we will gladly pass it on at no cost!
Those who enjoyed Mon's cooking before, will know it's worth the extra three or four blocks ;-)
Mon and Kurt

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I am going to Nest 2 in late Jan to meet up with some mates from BKK. I will drop in for brekkie or...

I am going to Nest 2 in late Jan to meet up with some mates from BKK. I will drop in for brekkie or...
Hi Mike, sounds great. Usually, we are always here until at least noon, but just to be on the safe side, please give us a quick call at 099-579-7392, before you stop by. Depending on advance reservations, we are often open for lunch and dinner, too, as well as evening drinks, but if no reservations, we are probably out riding or having beers at a mates place ;-)

Hi David. .I think, that there is something wrong, because everywhere I go, I get only this...

Thank you for using Golden Triangle Rider, we hope you are enjoying the content.​

To continue getting access to the thousands of informative Tips and Trip Reports from our huge biking community, please register and upgrade your status on Golden Triangle Rider.​

Attachments

• 1703327973716.png
    1703327973716.png
    255 KB · Views: 18

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi David. .I think, that there is something wrong, because everywhere I go, I get only this...

Thank you for using Golden Triangle Rider, we hope you are enjoying the content.​

To continue getting access to the thousands of informative Tips and Trip Reports from our huge biking community, please register and upgrade your status on Golden Triangle Rider.​

Hu Kurt
Pls check your FB messages.

Sadly, a while back due to lack of map sales / income I was forced to put a pay wall in place on GTR to help with the running costs - hosting, maintenance & updates. I could no longer work for free running GTR.

The explanation is here.

Yu can upgrade your GTR account with a subscription here

If you have trouble taking out a sub with Paypal, you can do an atm transfer to Thai bank ac & I will manually fix your subscription on GTR.

Thanks for your understanding.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
You probably wont remember myself Kurt but I visited your restaurant in Chiang Dao a few times with a few mates that were living in Chiang Mai at the time (Lew - Honda VFR800 and Colin - Versys 650)

I was only on holidays back then, I reckon maybe 2014 or 2015...................................but we all loved the burgers and Mon's homemade french fries

You probably wont remember myself Kurt but I visited your restaurant in Chiang Dao a few times with a few mates that were living in Chiang Mai at the time (Lew - Honda VFR800 and Colin - Versys 650)

I was only on holidays back then, I reckon maybe 2014 or 2015...................................but we all loved the burgers and Mon's homemade french fries
Of course, we remember you, Colin. It will be great to see you again. For now, our regular hours are only Monday - Thursday 9am - 1pm, but we also do reservations by phone, if we are in town. Our number is 099-579-7392. Doing it this way, leaves us some time to go riding on weekends, when we want to, but After March 16th, we might go back to regular restaurant hours. February 12th - March 16th, we are going to the beach and will not be here.
We also have one bungalow (fan only at the moment), on Booking . com, under Paradise Hill Homestay, but you can always call us direct and if we know you are coming, I can block it out for you.
Walk-ins are 400 Baht per night if you book direct with us, a little more on Booking . com. We have the most comfortable bed in the bungalow. We get comments about it all the time. Most of our guests don't wake up until late, because it is so comfortable ;-)
Anyways, great to hear from you. We have beer, wine, spirits and food stocked up, so all you have to bring is an appetite ;-)

Reactions: DavidFL

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
OK. Last weekend I got a wasp under my helmet so didn't get to call in. My left eye swelled up like this.:p