Scooter rental in BKK for going out of BKK area

MonikaH

Subscribed
Oct 25, 2022
Hi,

I try to rent a scooter in BKK to ride out of BKK, e.g. direction of Trat for 14 days.

Obviously this was possible with a few companies but not now anymore.

I trieg Mad Bike, BSR Bike Shop, Rent scooter bangkok ad Fatboy's Silom. They all said no.

I really had not expected this. It was so easy in Chiang Mai and I even found a possibility for the Isaan.

After riding 3000 km in Isaan I am really accustomed to being independent and being able to go where I want to go.
I want to start on Sunday. Does anybody know of a rental company, who rents scooters (e.g. Honda Click 125) to leave Bangkok.

Thanks in advance,
Monika

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
I dont know Bangkok very well but if you take a bus down to Pattaya (2-3 hours) you should be able to find a lot of scooter rental shops….

MonikaH

Subscribed
Oct 25, 2022
Thanks for answering.

I do not know, why they should allow me to go to Trat - obviously a special license for the bike is needed. I suspect I was illegal in Isaan all this time ...

I contacted more than 10 bike rentals in BKK by now, most said no, some did not answer yet and one of them said they had a few bikes which were allowed to go all over the place, but he did not know, when they'd come in. So it is either this company, or the bus or somebody here knows a company in BKK. I spent the whole day researching and I do not have that much time of my holiday left :-(

MonikaH

Subscribed
Oct 25, 2022
Thanks for your answers and help.

I was successful contacting Emma Motorbike Rental and reserving a scooter (communication by line).

Unexpectedly my plans changed completely so instead of going to Bangkok I am back in Chiang Mai. I had to cancel my reservation, fortunately the company was very understanding.

Reactions: DavidFL