Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - Road Trip Reports' started by Rookie, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Not recommended road unless its a dry weather and with a dual purpose bike

2. Loading...

3. subzero

subzero Member

Anybody out there, who´s done the 1243 recently ?? I´m just curious, if the conditions deteriorated.
    Looks like a great ride to me, but last time in Ban Khok, the locals recommended the 1083/1026...

Cheers

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

You little beauty - looks like an interesting ride alone out there in the boonies.
    That sudden weather change certainly caught a few people out.

5. Oddvar

Oddvar Ol'Timer

I came through there in April on a CRF250L. A really nice ride. Mostly dry roads, the dirt part was a bit moist but enjoyable.
    The army check point was trilled to se a Farang and I talked with them for a while. No Farang had passed for about two months, they said!
    Strange because it is a really nice road to use from Nan and going south or going north.

The army guards where happy to see a Farang. They even woke up the boss so he could have a chat too. Nice people. After everybody had taken their pictures I was able to leave.
    [​IMG]

I had a lunch break in the middle of the woods to enjoy the silence. Just the sound of birds and some unseen animals.
    [​IMG]

The surface came in all kind of shades. Piles of cow dung indicated not much traffic on this nice road.
    [​IMG]