5 Days in the Jungle, Bangkok-Umphang-Thong Pha Phum-Bangkok

Discussion in 'Central Western Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by mikehohman, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mikehohman

mikehohman Ol'Timer

2. Loading...

3. Rhodie

Rhodie Ol'Timer

Another epic vid of an awesome ride mate!
    :clap::clap:

4. Gary Foo

Gary Foo Active Member

Amazing trip with awsome video!!!

5. rhiekel

rhiekel Ol'Timer

Hey Mike !! Just saw the video, had no idea you were crashing so many times behind me............ :) I thought I was the only one crashing constantly.

6. Rod Page

Rod Page Ol'Timer

Of all the threads on GTR yours covering the 2 trips between Umphang & the Three Pagodas take the cake. Absolute rippers!
    I was looking to do the trip in May/June but rain was already a worry. When Auke sent me a photo of your most recent trip before you posted your report I put things back from September to next February. I'm now revisiting the whole project - hey I've got kids your age/s.
    Brilliant. Keep it going!
    Cheers

7. FrankT

FrankT Ol'Timer

Well done guys! This trip is on my list too but only in the dry season...

8. brian_bkk

brian_bkk Ol'Timer Staff Member

Fantastic ride and great video to show it.. well done.

9. Bert on the bike

Bert on the bike Ol'Timer

Respect, nothing else than respect for you guys. Well done and keep going, looking forward to the next report. Wonder what kind of crazy trip that will be about.

10. rhiekel

rhiekel Ol'Timer

Mike sent me an sms saying he has some new wilder trip planned. I sent back a text saying good luck in finding some one crazy enough to go with him. He then texted back saying I was going..... :-( Guess I have to keep hitting the gym, and make sure my will is made out.

11. Harry Burns

Harry Burns New Member

Thanks for the inspiration......:happy2:Cheers

12. nikster

nikster Ol'Timer

Awesome trip, awesome video.... and remind me to never, ever even consider joining a trip with you guys :D

13. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Awesome! :happy2:

14. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Amazing ride & contributors. Thanks again guys.

15. mikehohman

mikehohman Ol'Timer

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think one definition of an adventure is that the outcome is never known until the very end, which was certainly the case in this trip. We were very lucky to get out when we did...

Here's a map of the Loop:
    [​IMG]

16. BignTall

BignTall Ol'Timer

Mike and RH - Fantastic report guys!! I'm thankful now that when you called me for this ride the KTM was getting a new motor. It looks a killer. So how much did this trip differ from the last ride through there? Any chance of a track overlay comparing the two routes from Sanklaburi to Umphang? Curious where you guys changed it from last year.

Once again awesome trip guys.