Africa Twin Crf1000l - How Many Members Have Placed Orders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by FaraGit, Sep 8, 2016.

1. FaraGit

FaraGit Ol'Timer

So, still no news on a delivery date. I am now wondering whether to hold off for the 2107 model. Not sure of colors other than the upgrades to wheels etc that have been made. Does anyone know roughly when the 2017 model would be expected here. Is it possible my delivery, and i'm sure others has been delayed because of the 2017 model. I did ring Rama3 but they couldn't give an answer.

^Don't like that color btw.

2. FaraGit

FaraGit Ol'Timer

Yippee, it's arrived!
    Spending Christmas in Austrai, Salzburg and Vienna but was informed my bike will arrive on the 25th. Thanks Jesus!
    Well, it's waiting for me when I get back!

Have a great NY all!

scotty007, Peeto and DavidFL like this.
  3. Varadero

Varadero Active Member

Gratulations ! Honda can't deliver a main stand since 2 months (SW-Motech alternative is available now). I guess other spare parts won't be on stock if needed. Of course also no green book and no number. So it needs time until everything is completed.

4. Peeto

Peeto Active Member

Why no green book and number?
    Here in Pattaya the people who drive a Africa twin have it.

FB_IMG_1482811885348.jpg

5. scotty007

scotty007 Ol'Timer

Takes a couple of months to sort out in Chiang Mai!

6. Varadero

Varadero Active Member

They said that the documents for the bike haven't arrived yet, which i didn't believe. So I don't know whether that is a general problem in Chiang Mai or whether they try to challenge BMW Barcelona in the 'Worst-Service-Contest'. (actually Barcelona has improved).

7. Varadero

Varadero Active Member

Ashes on my head ... Number should be ready for pick-up tomorrow !

8. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Do you have an Africa Twin then?

9. Peeto

Peeto Active Member

No, still on my versys.
    But some friends of mine.

10. FaraGit

FaraGit Ol'Timer

Damn....The wife said "In exchange for the Africa Twin I must accept celibacy!"

Collecting the bike this Sunday. Wife's eh!

DavidFL likes this.
  11. FaraGit

FaraGit Ol'Timer

Only in Thailand!

Arrived back from Austria on the 31st. Rang Honda on the 4th to say we'll collect the bike on Sunday the 7th as agreed. All of which was arranged after they confirmed 25th December delivery. Wife and I head out to Honda and phone to mention we are on our way. Bike has been sold!
    Guy calls back an says the bike has been recalled due to a scratched bearing. I assume the wife misheard and means fairing. I asked if they could confirm the fault so I can mentioned on our site as well as this. They then say they scratched the bike themselves and no recall. I mention I will take the bike and wait for new fairing. Bike has been sent back. Yeah right! One salesperson blames it on the other.

Cheeky numpties obviously gambled while I was away and sold to someone to not turn a new sale away.

I have to wait until the 18th now. Buggers!

Moto-Rex and scotty007 like this.