...and another restoration bike, DT125...

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Guys, thanks for the nice words !!
I'm still thinking about trying to paint the front fender too to have matching colours (it's new, so with a little sanding the colour should stick....only acrylic of course), the handguards aren't that different but the frontfender disturbes me a little, anyway if the paint peels off too quickly, a new one is easily bought and mounted.....shop opposite the former Suriwong bookshop near Panthip.
Luckily I didn't fire her up yet because I fount the reason the piston nearly sized up with the previous owner although it was new. This bike lubricates the engine from an oil pump and distributes the 2-T oil to both main bearings & crank via some bores and through a rubber hose and the carb has an injector hole where the petrol/air mix is then enriched with oil. The "mechanics" who worked on that bike before didn't notice and so the lubrication hose was hanging down like a breather pipe, meaning the piston got next to no oil for lubrication. Obviously while screwing around with the carb on a dirty floor they just missed the T-piece where the hose is split from the pump and never cared to look for it......so only the bearings got oil-supply but not the piston.
So hopefully can finish her next week when there's time at the weekend. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
So finally she's finished, painted the frontfender also red and removed the ugly handguards.
Being a beauty of course raised interest in my extended family here; my partners brother had some 'loving' eyes for her so I decided to give the old stroker to him as another bike present to the family. He'll get it this week and I will try to get some last shots of her for posting. Now down to 4 bikes. Cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Thanks Cruising !
Managed to finish her last weekend, so here's the final fotos:

DT125rightsm.jpg

DT125frontsm.jpg

DT125leftsm.jpg

DT125backsm.jpg

Sad to see her go but it's for a good purpose anyway, so I'm happy for the new owner, may he have planty of fun while going into the mountains & woods near Doi Angkhang and may the DT125 prove to be as reliable as she was in her first 34 years......................rgds, FR