Bike Mechanic course in Bangkok ?

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Fella's,

Lets just say I am mechanically challenged... BUT.
Would really like to learn how to perform maintenance on the bike as well as some get you out of trouble repairs.

Right now when we go on these long trips.. Heaven forbid if I had a flat and had to take the tyre off or anything even more complicated.

Does anyone know of a Mechanics course you can do in Bangkok?
(Back home the local colleges run these on weekends)

Failing that.. Anyone here Mechanically minded enough and willing to teach me and a couple of friends the basics including how to change the tyre and what ever else they feel is good to get you out of trouble on the road.
Willing to pay or a few slabs of beer.. which ever is the preference.

Cheers
Brian

Oct 26, 2009
Hey Brian,

First off what type of bikes do you have and what kind of trips/tours are you planning to do.
It makes a difference, for eg if you have sports bikes you won't be changing the tyre yourself, there are repairs you can do to the tyre to get you moving again without removing the tyre. If the bikes you have are spoked (dirt bikes usually) they'll have tubes and the repair will be different.
You can learn alot by doing the maintenance yourself. Search online for the workshop manual for your bike. These manuals are normally pretty good, take your time and read over what your going to do several times before actually wielding the spanners in anger. Don't be afraid to make mistakes we are only humans after all. If you encounter any problems post it onto the forums and someone will help you out hopefully. Try and learn yourself if you can using the information that is readily available online and in books, you'll benefit from it more and become more accomplished quicker.
I'm in Chiang Mai and your more than welcome to pop in if your ever up this way and I can go through certain aspects of your bike with you.

Mar 30, 2010
Thanks Johnny.. We have Sports Bikes and Dirt Bikes (KLX 250)

More worried about fixing the KLX when in Laos.. Flat Tyre or other issues. For the Sports bike we have a puncture kit.. stop and go and the KLX a bunch of spares.

Will do above as you suggest and thanks for the offer.. Will be sure to look you up when we come up to CM for a trip.

Rama 9 Kawa said they have a customer that may be willing to give us a bit of coaching.

Cheers
Brian

Dec 27, 2007
There almost nothing you can't find a "How To" vid for on YouTube these days. Amazing!